Buy expensive speakers or AV?

harshal.barde85

Hi all,
I am looking out for suggestion ont his question. I am planning to built customize HT for my 10*10 ft room. However I am on tight budget which will either give me best speakers or AV. What should I do? Should I buy futuristic AV with basic speakers or basic Dolby Atmos Av with best in class speakers?

Buy the best speakers you can afford.

Speakers last a long time - easily 20 years plus.

Electronics (esp AV receivers) needs to be upgraded from time to time.
Buy a basic AV receiver now. Upgrade when you have the budget.

Just my view.

Buy the best speakers you can afford.

Speakers last a long time - easily 20 years plus.

Electronics (esp AV receivers) needs to be upgraded from time to time.
Buy a basic AV receiver now. Upgrade when you have the budget.

Just my view.
Thanks a lot for you feedback! I was under same opinion as well. Cheez!

Hi all,
I am looking out for suggestion ont his question. I am planning to built customize HT for my 10*10 ft room. However I am on tight budget which will either give me best speakers or AV. What should I do? Should I buy futuristic AV with basic speakers or basic Dolby Atmos Av with best in class speakers?
Hi if you looking for customized please contact Saradhi Electronics from vizag. In you tube also you can find his details. I customized the speakers with them and are excellent.And they will guide you well.

Both are important for rich surround sound experience .. if you are getting good speakers and average avr then sometime the receiver might struggle or you cannot get the full impact of speakers from a below par av receiver.

but to start with good speakers with high sensitivity are sufficient to start with and later you can upgrade to better av receiver

Please let us know about your ~ budget so that other experienced fellow members can guide you further. For speakers you can try indiq audio their customer made speakers have high sensitivity can work with entry level av receivers

Its better to mention your budget so that FM can guide you accordingly. You must specify the preference towards music or movies so FM may suggest the best possible option within the limited budget. If you are futuristic av enthusiastic then building system in parts is the best possible way to use your budget with optimum value. In may case, initially I spent more source and amplification and limited on speakers. In upgradation phase I first replace front speakers, subwoofer and then surround speakers. Now after five years may source and amplification become outdated and now I replace them with latest generation AVR with PA. You may not get very good five speakers within limited budget but you may get good amplification and source with limited compromise speakers.

Hi all,
Well its big debate. It depends on your listening interest & budget. You can get good AVR (u don't need to go very high end AVR) Any Dolby atmos capable AVR should be fine. To start with u may go with 2.1 setup then slowly upgrade your speakers.

My advice is to spend as much as you can on speakers and then keep trading up/ second hand amps. The only issue is IMO it’s easier to buy a good second hand speaker in India rather than an amp. If you are happy with the general sound/tone of the speakers, better to go backwards.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back