Buy LG C9 now or wait for next models to launch probably next year ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plus, Q90 costs more than C9. Crazy! Unless you're really paranoid or usage has excessive set top box viewing, no point going for it. Q80 is markedly inferior to Q90. So it's not like all QLEDs are equal. Q80 will crush blacks even more, along with reducing brightness of specular highlights even more. Moreover, the wide angle filter on Q80 and Q90 works by smudging details and reducing effective resolution.

'Every other person comes in shouting their mouth off with silly stuff.' - wondering who is that person here? Peace...

And if burn-in does happen for your friend on B7, LG is doing a one-time replacement as a courtesy abroad. They can easily be pushed to do so here too, or taken to consumer court, but I doubt that will be needed. Look Just some savvy convincing will do. I have taken Sony to consumer court for a defective mobile a decade ago. They didn't even contest it.
They may do it abroad but dont they will do it here. Infact in the warranty terms and conditions it is clearly mentioned that burn in is not covered under warranty so in that case even when your tv is under warranty they can reject replacement

They may do it abroad but dont they will do it here. Infact in the warranty terms and conditions it is clearly mentioned that burn in is not covered under warranty so in that case even when your tv is under warranty they can reject replacement

Which means they can be sued easily in consumer court. My Sony phone's touchscreen buttons would stop working half of the time, and it didn't have physical buttons, rendering the phone unusable. Turned out it was a problem with the model only, and Sony was offering upgrades/replacements abroad, but they refused to do that here. I took them to consumer court, used the forum posts to prove its a fault acknowledged by Sony, and won the case. Sony didn't even contest. Social media wasn't exactly the rage back then. This was 10 years ago. Now the sales they might lose if people complain about burn-in vocally would cost way more than just replacing panels.

If my TV gets burn-in in the next 3 years, I'm getting the panel replaced for sure. It's easy to pressurize the company. Don't care what their warranty says. Plus, considering how easily they agreed to a panel replacement for uniformity, the extreme measures won't even be needed. Wanna bet people said in the uniformity thread that LG might not agree to replacement here?

Just gotta be savvy and not take shit.

Which means they can be sued easily in consumer court. My Sony phone's touchscreen buttons would stop working half of the time, and it didn't have physical buttons, rendering the phone unusable. Turned out it was a problem with the model only, and Sony was offering upgrades/replacements abroad, but they refused to do that here. I took them to consumer court, used the forum posts to prove its a fault acknowledged by Sony, and won the case. Sony didn't even contest. Social media wasn't exactly the rage back then. This was 10 years ago. Now the sales they might lose if people complain about burn-in vocally would cost way more than just replacing panels.

If my TV gets burn-in in the next 3 years, I'm getting the panel replaced for sure. It's easy to pressurize the company. Don't care what their warranty says. Plus, considering how easily they agreed to a panel replacement for uniformity, the extreme measures won't even be needed. Wanna bet people said in the uniformity thread that LG might not agree to replacement here?

Just gotta be savvy and not take shit.
But how can you sue them when they have clearly mentioned in terms and conditions that burn in will not be covered under warranty? But it is highly unlikely to happen during warranty period as well. For normal use I don’t think you have to worry about burn in’s. It should last for 7-8 years

But how can you sue them when they have clearly mentioned in terms and conditions that burn in will not be covered under warranty? But it is highly unlikely to happen during warranty period as well. For normal use I don’t think you have to worry about burn in’s. It should last for 7-8 years

The same way I sued Sony, even though they said it's water damage and their t&c said it won't be covered? It's a fault that LG has globally admitted and replaced panels for hundreds of people. They have set the precedent over and over again.

I know I won't be having any such issues for 10 years based on my usage. Subtitles would start causing issues beyond that. I'm don't even expect the TV to last that long. Electronic components would probably fail before we get there.

I'm just letting people know that they don't need to be pessimists and just sit and do nothing if shit happens. There's no need to assume that LG will behave differently here. If they do, they can easily be budged to comply.

For the numbnits here who think FALD can actually match OLED, especially in HDR. Even 576 zones aren't enough. Like I said, HDR reference monitors are either OLED, Sony had one but they don't make it anymore, or they use dual cell panels, Panasonic also has this tech, with effectively per pixel dimming.

Enlighten yourself. Don't spout subjective shit and confuse others.

I dont think you can sue them if its written in black and white.also whats the point of buying a 1.4 lac tv and then go in to a legal battle.i mean we buy tv for entertainment and not for additional headache.

when you buy oled you need to be aware of the risk.if LG was 100% sure about its panels then it would have included burn in in the warranty.

Violation of forum rules
I dont think you can sue them if its written in black and white.also whats the point of buying a 1.4 lac tv and then go in to a legal battle.i mean we buy tv for entertainment and not for additional headache.

when you buy oled you need to be aware of the risk.if LG was 100% sure about its panels then it would have included burn in in the warranty.

Uff! You guys are frustrating. Companies write shit in their t&c all the time. If the product doesn't function as it should, if your TV goes kaput within a couple of years, you can sure as shit sue them. Like I said, I sued Sony for a defect they said us caused by moisture, and it's not covered by warranty. I did sue them. I did win. Good thing I didn't listen to naysayers then either.

Anyway, don't buy OLED. It's sucks. Enjoy. Lol. I'm done. Bye!

Uff! You guys are frustrating. Companies write shit in their t&c all the time. If the product doesn't function as it should, if your TV goes kaput within a couple of years, you can sure as shit sue them. Like I said, I sued Sony for a defect they said us caused by moisture, and it's not covered by warranty. I did sue them. I did win. Good thing I didn't listen to naysayers then either.

Anyway, don't buy OLED. It's sucks. Enjoy. Lol. I'm done. Bye!
Is this kind of language allowed here in this forum.Mods please enlighten.

whats your problem dude.I have nothing against OLEDs.I have iphone 11 pro max and i absolutely love its PQ.before that i have used IPhone X.I did not have any issue with burn in.I was just expressing my limited point that you should be aware of the risk while buying OLED.Thats it.I mean most people will not have this issue but you can not say never.

RTINGS specifically mentioned in each video about risk of Burn in with OLEDs.Its very small but its there.If there was no issue then LG wold have happily given 3 years warranty for burn in also.like samsung gives 10 yr warranty on QLEDs.(which is nothing but gimmick).

I mean imagine someone spending 2lac on OLED and if they face some issue.what they suppose to do.take screenshot of your posts and show that as a proof in consumer court.Just because Marakk got his phone replaced you should also do so.this all will easily take months may be years also first you need to fight with LG then in you need to fight in court.

OLED is currently the best technology in my opinion but that does not mean its not have any drawbacks.

you should be respectful to others point of view even if you dont like it

Profanity isn't permitted here.
Is this kind of language allowed here in this forum.Mods please enlighten.

whats your problem dude.I have nothing against OLEDs.I have iphone 11 pro max and i absolutely love its PQ.before that i have used IPhone X.I did not have any issue with burn in.I was just expressing my limited point that you should be aware of the risk while buying OLED.Thats it.I mean most people will not have this issue but you can not say never.

RTINGS specifically mentioned in each video about risk of Burn in with OLEDs.Its very small but its there.If there was no issue then LG wold have happily given 3 years warranty for burn in also.like samsung gives 10 yr warranty on QLEDs.(which is nothing but gimmick).

I mean imagine someone spending 2lac on OLED and if they face some issue.what they suppose to do.take screenshot of your posts and show that as a proof in consumer court.Just because Marakk got his phone replaced you should also do so.this all will easily take months may be years also first you need to fight with LG then in you need to fight in court.

OLED is currently the best technology in my opinion but that does not mean its not have any drawbacks.

you should be respectful to others point of view even if you dont like it

Everyone already knows about burn-in. I have informed multiple here about burn-in with proper analysis of their usage, conclusions from burn-in tests and the increase in red subpixel. Don't preach to the choir. What information have you provided? Just more muddled up information. Meh!

I'm giving my experience about something I have done, which is an option if people still get an issue, which most probably they won't, and yet you still question...how? Like I just told you how. Courts don't care about the t&c blindly. You can make your case to the court. This forum is filled with people making blind assumptions. I got my panel replaced from LG for uniformity too. Wanna bet there are naysayers for that too?

Content deleted.
Bye to those who found my info useful. Simple searches will allow you to read things that I have now written 10x times.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone already knows about burn-in. I have informed multiple here about burn-in with proper analysis of their usage, conclusions from burn-in tests and the increase in red subpixel. Don't preach to the choir. What information have you provided? Just more muddled up information. Meh!

I'm giving my experience about something I have done, which is an option if people still get an issue, which most probably they won't, and yet you still question...how? Like I just told you how. Courts don't care about the t&c blindly. You can make your case to the court. This forum is filled with people making blind assumptions. I got my panel replaced from LG for uniformity too. Wanna bet there are naysayers for that too?

You know what, this forum is fucking exhausting. I'm out of this forum only. Can only deal with so many dumbfucks at a time. Hey, mods? Would you do me a favor and like kick me out or something?

Bye to those who found my info useful. Simple searches will allow you to read things that I have now written 10x times. Fuck the rest of dumbasses.
Why loose your cool and speak abusive words after helping out so many especially with oled TV's.

I think the burn in issue is blown well out of proportion. I suspect it's negative marketing by led companies. I speak from having used a plasma for seven years with heavy Tata sky usage and now an oled for two years. Never seen any burn in either. The oled in question is an lg c7.

I think the burn in issue is blown well out of proportion. I suspect it's negative marketing by led companies. I speak from having used a plasma for seven years with heavy Tata sky usage and now an oled for two years. Never seen any burn in either. The oled in question is an lg c7.
Yes especially Samsung to promote qled

@Marakk I'm neither taking any sides here and nor getting into the technicalities of the discussions. You have no business getting personal, calling people names and using profanity, violating forum rules with impunity.

Moderator's Note:
I've issued public warning to the erring member and am escalating the issue and locking the thread for us to take a call on the matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back