Buying 5.1 Digital to Analog Gear

Also once when you upgrade to HD set-top box . You still wont get true 5.1 Dolby effects from F&D speakers which most HD channels offer since no D2h provider offers true 5.1 or dolby sound over RCA connection . The F&D speakers wont take Spdif or optical input , you will still require some sort of a converter , but it would be OK if you are using only your laptop for movies then software based players can do the job .
When i first entered into HIFI HT setup some 3-4 years back even i was in a dilemma to use PC active speakers for TV . Tried many such devices like you have mentioned here and was only truly satisfied when i went the AVR way . Back then i purchased a used AVR without HDMI , it served me well .If you search the net you may find used AVRs for as low as 5k !

Last edited:
Ok bro Thats it. Dont take it offensively but I am officially out of this discussion. I have said very clearly what i wanted to say and could not have been clearer.

won't take it offensive at all buddy! Your experiance with the original discussion device helped me a lot!!! Thx for that. Since u had tested both F6000 and F6000U speakers, I was just giving a try with 700U as well :p

Also once when you upgrade to HD set-top box . You still wont get true 5.1 Dolby effects from F&D speakers which most HD channels offer since no D2h provider offers true 5.1 or dolby sound over RCA connection . The F&D speakers wont take Spdif or optical input , you will still require some sort of a converter , but it would be OK if you are using only your laptop for movies then software based players can do the job .
When i first entered into HIFI HT setup some 3-4 years back even i was in a dilemma to use PC active speakers for TV . Tried many such devices like you have mentioned here and was only truly satisfied when i went the AVR way . Back then i purchased a used AVR without HDMI , it served me well .If you search the net you may find used AVRs for as low as 5k !

Even if an AVR is being purchased, I will need to buy speakers! So I am going for these F&D speakers. For the time being I will use them until I am getting an AVR. I have dropped the idea of buying that Digital to Analog Gear.

If I use a SPDIF to RCA cable, I guess I will be able to connect digitalcinput to speakers, will that work??

but it would be OK if you are using only your laptop for movies then software based players can do the job .

Even if the laptop doesn't have a HD Audio, will the software take care of the job. I have Samsung N100 Notebook, for audio it has 3.5 mm Audio Jack for output. I will connect it, that's not a problem but for 5.1 Surround Sound what software will you suggest???:rolleyes:

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back