BUYING A NEW TECHNICS TURNTABLE FROM OVERSEAS DEALER.

A K Bhattacharjee

Good evening to all.
I am just planning to buy a new Technics turntable. To get it in India, the only option is "The Revolver Club" that too on full advance payment. Other option is to buy from overseas dealers like Amazon or so.
What will be the wise decision?
If I buy from overseas, whether it will reach safely. Just a discussion. Pl share your experience.

Regards

Good evening to all.
I am just planning to buy a new Technics turntable. To get it in India, the only option is "The Revolver Club" that too on full advance payment. Other option is to buy from overseas dealers like Amazon or so.
If I buy from overseas, whether it will reach safely. Just a discussion. Pl share your experience.

Regards
Hi.... good evening :)

If you can buy it on amazon, even from abroad, then you will get it safely delivered. If the TT goes missing or not delivered before a certain date, they will refund your money in full.

If the present dealer is demanding a payment in full, for an item that he doesnt presently have in stock. Then it is just as risky as buying from amazon, and actually more riskier in my books.

Hi.... good evening :)

If you can buy it on amazon, even from abroad, then you will get it safely delivered. If the TT goes missing or not delivered before a certain date, they will refund your money in full.

If the present dealer is demanding a payment in full, for an item that he doesnt presently have in stock. Then it is just as risky as buying from amazon, and actually more riskier in my books.
Thanks

Ask them for their terms, in writing. In the event the equipment is delivered damaged to you, Will they replace or repair? If the latter, tell them thats a no go. Speak to someone at The Revolver Club. You can get an idea if they are really interested in your business or if they are bunch of losers you don't want to deal with.

The risk is the same, buying locally or Overseas. The question is more about who offers better after sales support. If you are dealing with an Overseas dealer and if it means paying a higher cost for the said equipment (For better post sales support), I'd go this route.

Amazon do not guarantee returns for everything they sell. Read the fine print.

I would recommend going with a brand that has an official presence in India, such as Rega.

Good to see someone from Ranchi in the forum :)...

Buddy, please avoid going with Revolver club as they will only help you buy the product but their after sales service they will not show interest which is not very promising. I myself had to sell away my Audio Technica Turntable purchased from them
as it is after 5 months since it needed proper installation and configuration which is not that easy and that was not provided to me by Revolverclub in Bangalore.

Instead of Audio Technica I would request you to consider Project Debut. But still if you want to go with Audio Technica..there is a far better seller in Bangalore known as Mahatobar Distribution (Mr. Vikram Bhatt).. very genuine person and his recommendations are always good. He doesn't try to oversell products to make money but suggests the right set of products which suits your requirement and budget both. He even deals in Audio Technica, other speakers and cables also. My request is give him a try.

You can PM me for his mobile number.

Regards,
Rajiv Kumar (Jamshedpur/Bangalore)

Buddy, please avoid going with Revolver club as they will only help you buy the product but their after sales service they will not show interest which is not very promising. I myself had to sell away my Audio Technica Turntable purchased from them
as it is after 5 months since it needed proper installation and configuration which is not that easy and that was not provided to me by Revolverclub in Bangalore.

Instead of Audio Technica I would request you to consider Project Debut. But still if you want to go with Audio Technica..there is a far better seller in Bangalore known as Mahatobar Distribution (Mr. Vikram Bhatt).. very genuine person and his recommendations are always good. He doesn't try to oversell products to make money but suggests the right set of products which suits your requirement and budget both. He even deals in Audio Technica, other speakers and cables also. My request is give him a try.

Regards,
Hi rajiv...good morning :)

I was going to suggest Vikram too, but then realized he was dealing with thorens and Audiotechnica. And the OP if iam not mistaken is looking for Technics.

After sales service??

The Technics SL1200 (mk 7, G, GR) is built like a tank, needs no TLC, and will outlive your children.

If you go for Rega or Pro-ject, be prepared for belt stretching, speed irregularities, loosely fitted motors, etc. Even if you're lucky, and manage to have no immediate problems, you will not have the pride of ownership that the Technics provides in spades.

Technics does not have an official Indian Distributor, but they're OK with local dealers buying individual units directly from them, or from their distributors in other countries, for sale in India. One such dealer is The Revolver Club, who import units (in lots of 20 at a time, as far as I've heard) from a German distributor, against full advance payments. They've sold more than a hundred units so far over the past four years.

There may be other such dealers out there. You may choose whoever you wish, but most likely it will cost you more if you import from abroad. Of course, you will not get a service warranty, but with the Technics you won't need any.

Regards,
Hi Rajib,
I am also pleased to have someone from same place. Certainly we will meet someday.
BTW, I am looking for Technics tt.

Thanks & Regards

Hi.... I am assuming you are looking for the SL1210 or SL1200 versions of the Technics TT.

If you need a new model, then you can directly buy & import it thru Tanotis.com to get it delivered at your house, but most probably you will have to pay a high import duty considering the current situation.

If you are ok with a used version, then you can consider buying a used version in excellent condition thru Ebay from Japan. At any point of time, you will find lots of used Technics ads in Ebay from Japanese sellers.

Or else, you can buy a used one from reliable Indian re-sellers. They keep on appearing in WhatsApp reselling groups. Only last week, I saw someone posting an ad on a Technics SL-2000 (more affordable version of SL1200) which looks to be in very good condition @ 38K.

Regarding service, if you buy an used one in good condition, you may not need any repair. Technics TTs are built like tank. I own 2 used Technics TTs & till today I didn't get any problem from them. In case of any repair, you can always get it serviced thru some renowned technicians available in cities like Kolkata or Mumbai.

Trust this helps..:)

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back