Buying a panel instead of TV

anm

I came across some posts in this forum that suggested buying plasma panels instead of TVs as they may be a cheaper option.
Given that I use tata sky for TV, there is no need for a tuner. Also given that I use an external amp/ avr, there is no need of built in speakers either.

So I am starting a new discussion on this topic. Please provide your inputs.

Is the video circuitry better in TVs vs these plasma panels? Panasonic is one brand that I heard.
Where are these panels available (in New Delhi and elsewhere)?
What is the price differential?

I am also interested in the same. But have not come across any Panels so far in India.

Ok. I have done a little googling and some calls. Here is the info.
Panasonic Plasma Display Panels come under Professional AV division.

Solution India Systems Pvt. Ltd. (Mumbai Distributor)
802, Heritage Plaza Telly Gully,
Cross Road, Andhri (E)
City: MUMBAI
Tel: 022-26824499
Email: [email protected]

I spoke to Mr. Mustafa there and enquired for a 50" panel for HT Room
He said that these are superior to consumer TVs and are as such costlier even though they lack speakers and tuner.
50" Full HD Panel - Rs1,80,000
50" HD Ready Panel - Rs80,000

Any one with more info, please help.

Last edited:
I am also interested in the same. But have not come across any Panels so far in India.

Ok. I have done a little googling and some calls. Here is the info.
Panasonic Plasma Display Panels come under Professional AV division.

Solution India Systems Pvt. Ltd. (Mumbai Distributor)
802, Heritage Plaza Telly Gully,
Cross Road, Andhri (E)
City: MUMBAI
Tel: 022-26824499
Email: [email protected]

I spoke to Mr. Mustafa there and enquired for a 50" panel for HT Room
He said that these are superior to consumer TVs and are as such costlier even though they lack speakers and tuner.
50" Full HD Panel - Rs1,80,000
50" HD Ready Panel - Rs80,000

Any one with more info, please help.

can u demo a 50" hd ready panel and then a 50" plasma tv and post ur observations..

They do not stock normal Plasmas. Also since this is part of professional AV a comparison may not be possible. May be some other member can help out. I too am interested.

can u demo a 50" hd ready panel and then a 50" plasma tv and post ur observations..

This sounds like an interesting option...but only if it is cost effective. The panel would be used only for display and rest of the work (audio, channel tuning etc.) would be done externally...

I see some NEC panels in my office as well...wonder if they are available and what do they cost?

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back