Buying vacuum tubes

manojrc

Dear All,

From where do you buy tubes? I’m okay to import but does anyone know what’s the customs duty rate ??

I’m looking for the following tubes. 211/300B/845/2A3

Thanks

I buy my tubes from eBay (USA). There is no duty for small shipments. Anything less than $50 should be ok. But otherwise the duty can vary between 40-75% (Ball park).

I wish to contact vacuum tube suppliers anywhere in India and particularly in Bangalore. Someone do kindly provide me with contact info
Try www.mickeydemag.com. I've bought tubes from him before. Not sure if he's still around though.

Dear All,

From where do you buy tubes? I’m okay to import but does anyone know what’s the customs duty rate ??

I’m looking for the following tubes. 211/300B/845/2A3

Thanks
Pre-covid, I've bought from vivatubes.com and tubesandmore.com There was no customs then. I guess the value would also play a part in the customs bit. A NOS E82CC or Mullard EL34 with price printed could attract some attention :)

Imported few tubes from US and paid around 40% duty :-(
I bought my set of tung sol 6560, 12ax7, 12au7 from audio note india based in mumbai a couple of years ago or more. I thought it was a good source. No issues with any of them so far.

Thanks. Will check that out
One more lead…people who sell tube amps sometimes sell tubes too eapecially when there is no dedicated Local source. So you may want to check with company who sells Dared, lyrita, anode acoustics, prima luna etc. as well.
Had also seen some tubes at diyaudiocart and RS components india a while back. I got lucky with Amazon India with a box of 4 matched pieces of el34.

Manek

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back