Buzzing Sound from Yahama Speakers

Siva Sankar

Hi,

I hear Buzzing sound from my front yahama speakers (NS 8900) connected to onkyo receiver TX-NR 609, please let me know what might cause the problem and any solutions.

Siva.

Hi,

I hear Buzzing sound from my front yahama speakers (NS 8900) connected to onkyo receiver TX-NR 609, please let me know what might cause the problem and any solutions.

Siva.

do you get a buzz or a hiss or a hum ? and is this with no input?

maybe a power line too close to speaker wire

Hi,

Siva.

I get buzz sound and the front two tower speakers are very close to my television

Hi,

Siva.

Siva,

Just re-connect the wires to both speakers also re-connect the Cables from Source to receiver, Mostly this happens when wires get earthed or while cables get loosed due to shake or moving.

There can be issue with your power supply, but this cant happen at sudden, so reconnect the wires and check

To me This dosent sound like the problem of speakers.

Just switch on the receiver and increase the volume. This is basically the noise floor of the electronics within. For avr's like Yam, this should have minimal to no noise.

First check connections like what Audio_Freek mentioned, speaker conneections and power connections.
If this dosent fix it, then while it is on, just try moving cables (power and speaker) slowly to see if distortion increases or decreases. (Be careful not to make the wires loose and have it shorted). If this dosent fix then try moving speakers away from all other gadgets (again u dont want the wires to short, switch of and then move em). Then try the same with receiver, and then the speaker cable, try moving it away from other gadgets and power cables.

If this dosent fix it, then try switchin off all electronic equipment at home.

If this dosent fix it...is your receiver rated as 220V or, 110V connected to 110-to-220 converter.

Last edited:
buzz sound = interconnect short

either the interconnect bodys are touching each other or the interconnect is short

change the IC and try

see that the bodies dont touch

Do you get buzz while playing something or only when the AVR is on and nothing is being played? Is it quite loud or you hear it only when you are close to speakers. Have you given mains power supply through an inverter? Do you have any other speakers/amp with you? If yes, connect your NS8900 to other amp and watch for bizz. You can connect rear speakers to the front terminals and watch for buz. This will tell you whether the problem is in speakers or AVR. However, if both fronts are giving buzz, mostly the speakers are not at fault.

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back