BW Nautilus Range of Speakers

rohit1712

How much will a BW Nautilus range consisting of 802 pair, HTM-1,SCM-1 pair be available for. I am using the above ones for the last few years and wish to do away with for a soundbar as my room size is small. All the speakers are in excellent condition. What price can I accept in the market for such speakers. thanks in advance

Hi

Audio Vision India are the authorised dealers for B&W....

AudioVision India :: Bowers&Wilkins

You should get anything between 50% - 70% from Original price based on physical condition, wear and tear if any and performance....who ever will buy will do a thorough check....You can see comparative prices on amazon or ebay US or UK to get some idea...

Hope this helps.

Do you have the more recent 802 Ds or the older ( more than 5 or 7 years old) 802 speakers ?

I suggest that you look at prices on Audiogon for a rough ball park.

Big Speakers are always difficult to sell, particularly if you do not have the original packing. Transportation is difficult and transport damage is more likely than not. Finding only a local buyer is diffficult and restricts your chance of getting a fair price...

70 % below Indian Retail Price.
or
50 % below International Suggested Price - as per Stereophile Magazine
Also depends on condition of speaker / packing & series.
These are 'Ball Park' of what I think is OK - 2nd hand prices should be in these range.:D

I remember a 804N being on sale in this forum for around 2L+ and the forum member closed the thread after selling them. So, 802N should fetch a higher price. Since B&W increased the price of the newer Diamond series (by quite a bit), I feel the Nautilus version is enjoying a better resale value. And I see you have posted the ad in audiogon. Good luck.

For B&W evaluation you can get an idea from our FM balagopalan..

How much will a BW Nautilus range consisting of 802 pair, HTM-1,SCM-1 pair be available for. I am using the above ones for the last few years and wish to do away with for a soundbar as my room size is small. All the speakers are in excellent condition. What price can I accept in the market for such speakers. thanks in advance

Personally I sincerely feel you should not sell the B&W Package. I have done enough research on these speakers probably we can work out to match your speakers to your setup and continue with the package. Please get in touch with me. These speakers are all round performer room size is no matter. I welcome you to my home and be my guest you can see how I have made them to sing.

You cannot sell a KARCHER vacuum cleaner and buy a Broom stick.

Once again to say don't sell the package.

Absolutely agree with the R Balagopalan.

It is with very great difficulty that we end up buying once in a life time speaker packages/music systems etc. (Unless of course you form the creme la creme part of our forum and can easily buy later)

It is very easy to sell off, but difficult to buy once more if need be.

In one of your another thread you had mentioned about Lexicon MC12B I did connect Lexicon MC12HD for some days in my HT set up and I was not that impressed with regard to matching of the Processor with my B&W speakers though this Proc. is a good one on its own.

I had settled down with Anthem Statement D2V and It has really brought out the ultimate in my set up. You can try Anthem proc. if you are still in the mood of spending on your setup and I am confident you will be satisfied. I have spent enough time and energy (Vitamin M too) in getting to this level of satisfaction.

You can just go thru it here.

http://www.hifivision.com/my-audio-video-setup/47854-my-home-theater-journey.html

Further to say in any Home Theater set up all speakers are configured as small only so using a 802 is not necessary that is why I am using 804 in my HT setup and 802 in my stereo setup. If you still preferring to use 802s in HT I feel Sub is not required and you can direct all LFE to the fronts, subject to the boom level in your room. The HTM1 for the center is an excellent one cause the deep throat voice and the bass that this speaker can produce is no match.

Though this is out of the topic from your thread I felt these in puts may help you in retaining them.

Agree with Bala since I am a proud owner of B&W 801 mk iii (thanks to Bala). Mine is a all round performer. The best in stereo with good amp and accessories my Accuphase e303x is able drive it very easily not showing any mercy even though it is 150 PC. High end products are very hard to buy to import or buy intact condition. But in your case shipping only is the problem. Wait for a genuine user not a dealer.

Agree with Bala since I am a proud owner of B&W 801 mk iii (thanks to Bala). Mine is a all round performer. The best in stereo with good amp and accessories. My Accuphase e303x is able drive it very easily not showing any mercy even though it is 150 PC. High end products are very hard to buy or to import or buy intact condition. But in your case shipping only is the problem. Wait for a genuine user not a dealer.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back