bxr 1221 + dta 1

yuvaraki

Hi All,

Please suggest me cables to connect the amp DTA 1 with my bxr 1221(cant upgrade speakers as of now :)). Also i need sugestions on best cable for 'rca male to 3.5mm female/male' to use with HRT MS 2. Please suggest me something that i can get here in Hyd.

Thank you!!

It depends on your budget, but still imho you can get one from Bandridge for about 300Rs which should do the job well.

Edit: I gathered that bxr1221 are powered speakers from Altec Lansing, but I am ignorant about DTA 1.

Last edited:
Thank You Iaudio!

Which Bandridge cable are you talking abt, the one for HRT MS 2 to DTA 1 or one for DTA1 to bxr 1221?

Thank you Iaudio!!
Could you please tell me which purpose is the Bandridge cable gonna solve? i mean what components can i connect with the cable u suggested?
Anyone, also please tell me if bxr 1221 can be used with dta 1 amp?

yuvaraki, it would have been great if you had actually replied to my query on what the DTA 1 was. But as usual google came to the rescue.
Dayton Audio DTA-1 Class T Digital AC/DC Amplifier 15 Watts Per Channel - Parts Express 300-380

I hope this is the item you are talking about.

The bandridge cable i was talking about was mini stereo to 2 rca cable( ipod cable) which I thought would be used to connect from hrt ms2 to the sub/amp of your altecs.
What is your budget for interconnects?

Why dont you use 1sq mm cable from Finolex for speaker wires. You can connect the bare wire to the dayton terminals.
300-380_li.jpg

Then you need the same 2 rca to mini stereo/3.5mm jack( i pod cable) to connect from your Hrt ms2 to the dayton.

Sorry about that Iaudio! :p

Thnx for the info, i ordered, received and using the Bandridge USB A to USB B cable to connect the PC to HRT MS 2. It works fine. :D It would have been perfect if the cable was much shorter than this. Its 2 mtrs. long. :mad: Any good cable you know which is shorter or equal to half meter?

For connecting the speakers to the HRT MS2, i needed 2rca male to stereo female and after using 2 nondescript shitty local-brand cables for 50 bucks each, i today stumbled upon 'TUSCAN' cable and it works fine. Local cables gave me lots of distortion and feedback, making me to disconnect them almost immediately in the fear of damaging my 8k worth DAC :)

If you wanna get cables here in Hyderabad, go staright to Gujrati Galli and even local brands you will get them for cheaper prices than most oder places.

Now, i connected the speakers directly to the HRT MS2(ofcourse using the added cable).

I bought speaker cable for 8rs/Meter today.

I need to work on getting the appropriate connectors and somehow fixing the DTA1 in between the MS2 and the BXR 1221.

Any suggestions are welcome!

P.s:- Posted details hoping someone might benefit from this! :):)

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back