CA Azur 540R V3 HDMI 6.1

manoj menon

Hi Everyone,

Firstly congrats on the great inputs by all member really a great sign to see so many member willing to help new members like me trying to setup a decent AV system.
I am planning to acquire CA Azur 540R v3 can people help me make the decision on the same, my requirements are more leaning towards the movies side and a little bit of music from time to time.
I already have a sony LCD 40" please suggest on the speaker setup
I have a budget of about 20 to 30k for the speakers only restriction is space in my living room will only allow me a wall mounted satallite speakers

cheers
Manoj:)

where are you planning to buy CA AVR and at what price......

regards

hi bazee,

One of my cousins is coming down from singi i found the price via him its about $899 singapore roughly translates to Rs 27000 @ Rs 30/- to a dollar.

cheers;)

Manoj,
I would not recommend buying Cambridge from Singapore as the prices are pretty competitive in India. Singapore dollar is not 30, instead close 33 at 32.5.
So, it will cost close to 30k for you without taking care of flight charges and trying to take care of customs etc. Local price last I heard was 32k. I would say 32k here with service from an authorised dealer is a definitely better deal than getting this from singapore.

Manoj,
I would not recommend buying Cambridge from Singapore as the prices are pretty competitive in India. Singapore dollar is not 30, instead close 33 at 32.5.
So, it will cost close to 30k for you without taking care of flight charges and trying to take care of customs etc. Local price last I heard was 32k. I would say 32k here with service from an authorised dealer is a definitely better deal than getting this from singapore.

Hi Gopi,

Thanx for the update, I checked prices here at its for about Rs.37200/-
so the differnce is kinda high about 10K and also the dealer said that they did not have it instock as he was expecting a newer model or something like that so i decided to get it from Singi, it was picked up from the Distributor of CA in singapore. Hopefully i would not face any issues with it fingers crossed anyways as my cousin is based in singi worst case scenario i can get it down to him and have it repaired , i do have lot of friends who keep travelling to singi. I also happened to lookup the Energy classic Take speakers on the net they have some very good reviews.
Appreciate the good advice.
cheers

Manoj,
Checked with Fx, looks like a recent price increase. So, good luck with your purchase from Singapore. Energy Take should be a nice match.

Manoj,
Checked with Fx, looks like a recent price increase. So, good luck with your purchase from Singapore. Energy Take should be a nice match.

Hi Gopi,

Still waiting to check out the Energy speakers, just wanted your opinion on Boston Acoustics MS-8000S 5.1 Speaker Package looked around on the net but not much reviews were available and they seem to be a little outdated too. i have received an offer for the same from Home Theater Speaker Amplifier DVD Plasma Car PC DJ Audio Video based out of delhi for the same at Rs. 28800/- any experience of dealing with them?

cheers
:)

hi

any idea of CA AZUR 640R reciever ??????

hi Bazee,

Are you looking for the pricing for the CA AZUR 640R in singapore? here is the contact details you can call/email and find out directly from them.
Unicorn Electronics Pte Ltd.
39, Jalan Pemimpin
#07-00 Tailee Industrial Building,
Singapore
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: 00 65 (63) 520 352
Fax: 00 65 (63) 524 222

let me know if I can be of any further assistance

Manoj,
I am not aware of Boston system. In this price range I have listened to only few sub/sat systems (and Energy is not one of them :) )

Wharfedale Diamond 9HCP - not exactly sub sat.
Athena Micra
Mordaunt Short Genie
Paradigm Cinema 90

The best out of these were Wharfedale. It was simply more musical. Playing music on any of the rest will clearly show the problem. For a movie with lots of action and effects, the rest might be better. But, I give music importance and I think less than 20% of the movies I watch have all those bling blang effects and even then I cannot blast them off at home as its a rented house and even I can do all there will be one major problem - that is the same feeling of tiredness one gets after watching a movie in theatre.

Since then, I have moved away from sub/sat systems and 5.1 to stereo.
But, since you cannot audition them, you might have to go by reviews and based on that Energy seems to be a winner. Its considered a bit musical too.

But, if you have never heard any sub/sat system, then I would recommend listen to atleast couple of them. This will tell you immediately whats good or bad in general about them. You either pick a choice you heard and you love or you atleast pick something thats more popular and agreed upon. Boston is not so popular. Energy is. Check the list of awards that Take series have won.

Hi Gopi,

yeah i too believe Energy would be better that Boston, I need to do some good auditions before i settle on the right set of speakers. its just that I need to find time maybe i need to dedicate the next few weekends for that purpose. anyways will keep all posted on the my quest for the speakers.

cheers

Hi

Auditioned the Energy Take Sat/sub system yesterday, They sound really good for the size they are as gopi has commented the movies were good and the music better. they are now on my list. :)

cheers

:)

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back