Cabasse Java

Great review. I would like to add that the Javas claim of 59Hz is rather very optimistic and I believe that the Bass goes deeper than they have specified."Hey You" from Pink Floyd from the remastered edition sounded as intended with all Subtlety in the opening and the sudden shock drum roll thereafter. It was really Hair Raising which My Mission MX 5 could never achieve, The MX5 are restrained and controlled and warmish but sounds very very good at 1/3 its price and is unbeatable at Rs 62K and till a Lac! with Denon PMA1500AE. The Cabasse on the other hand was playing with a PMA720AE, i wonder what a swap will do!!! Coming to Diana Krall it was again great. The MX5 does Diana krall great but this was better way better. I kinda started believing this a bargain all rounder of a speaker and is better than all the B&W 6 series and Monitor RX easily, IMO. Impressed ,Yes,very!

It might be prudent to steer clear of a speaker that makes Hank Mobley's tenor saxophone sound like a trumpet.

Sorry - thanks for pointing that out G401fan, I overlooked that error in the rush for publication - we are our own proofreaders for the reviews so a notetaking error while listening to an album during the review caused this. It should be Art Farmer on trumpet rather than Hank Mobley. My bad. Will update the review accordingly. Regardless the Cabasse is an excellent speaker and no it does not make a saxophone sound like a trumpet.
Cheers,
Sid

Last edited:
I kinda started believing this a bargain all rounder of a speaker and is better than all the B&W 6 series and Monitor RX easily, IMO. Impressed ,Yes,very!

I would tend to agree. One should definitely try and listen to this speaker before planning to buy in the 1.5 lac range.
Cheers,
Sid

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back