Cable for eARC

SIDEWINDER18X

Hi friends,
I am looking for a 3 meter HDCP 2.3 / HDMI 2.1 cable. I am unable to find one locally or any where online within India.
Kindly help me find one. I require this for My LG 55SM9000 to be connected to 7.2 Marantz AV receiver with Dolby Atmos.

Hi friends,
I am looking for a 3 meter HDCP 2.3 / HDMI 2.1 cable. I am unable to find one locally or any where online within India.
Kindly help me find one. I require this for My LG 55SM9000 to be connected to 7.2 Marantz AV receiver with Dolby Atmos.
This was to only one I could find
DHIVIS Ultra HDMI 2.1- 2 Meters, Speed 48Gbps- 4K (4096 x 2160) 120hz - HDCP 2.2, HDR 10 and Dolby Vision https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07SVMBPGV/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_7l4MDb97NQYZ3

Basically any 48gbps cable should do, and do you really need HDCP 2.3 ?
HDMI 2.1 cables are already scarce and finding a 3m length is difficult that too with HDCP 2.3.
order it from US.

Do we really need HDMI 2.1 cable for eARC ? non of receivers available today support HDMI 2.1 and eARC is implemented on HDMI 2.0b through firmware. I guess any HDMI 2.0 cable will be able to support.

Do we really need HDMI 2.1 cable for eARC ? non of receivers available today support HDMI 2.1 and eARC is implemented on HDMI 2.0b through firmware. I guess any HDMI 2.0 cable will be able to support.
The new HDMI 2.1 cable support's the high bandwidth speed of eARC 48Gbps .
The old HDMI 2.0 only manages 18Gbps.
If you are passing any hi bandwidth content thru the old cable like Dolby True HD or DTS HD master audio ...... It might not cope with the required protocol .. I guess !

Hi

If your TV or Display can handle 8K then you should hunt for a 2.1 cable......if not then 2.0 will do.....see this article....hope it clears the doubts....

And this....

Vincent, the guy in this video is well regarded for video side of things...

Hi

If your TV or Display can handle 8K then you should hunt for a 2.1 cable......if not then 2.0 will do.....see this article....hope it clears the doubts....

I am only doing this for audio

in my opinion, i would allow technology first (especially the new ones) to settle in properly...as there are always some teething issues...once sorted and working well, then i would go for it.

If you believe that by getting the cable, you will be able to get the best of audio with HDMI 2.1 then go for it

As I don't have any good HDMI 2.0 / HDCP 2.2 Cable at the first place. So why not get the current 2.1 if it is available at the same price.
My TV also supports HDMI 2.1 and so will be my upcoming AV receiver.

If priced same then go ahead as you will be getting a better higher version cable. Please be cautious and check the brand of cable before purchasing. There are many who sell cheap imitations which dont work properly. Better to invest in established brands used by many.

As I don't have any good HDMI 2.0 / HDCP 2.2 Cable at the first place. So why not get the current 2.1 if it is available at the same price.
My TV also supports HDMI 2.1 and so will be my upcoming AV receiver.
Unless devices at both the ends of cable support 2.1 no point of getting HDMI 2.1 cable which is at least 3x costly compare to 2.0 cable. Also HDMI 2.1 chipset for HDMI is far away to be
available and initially it will be at premium price

Unless devices at both the ends of cable support 2.1 no point of getting HDMI 2.1 cable which is at least 3x costly compare to 2.0 cable. Also HDMI 2.1 chipset for HDMI is far away to be
available and initially it will be at premium price
The entry level HDMI cable which does not support HDCP 2.2 are cheap around Rs 200- 800. But with the HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2 support it is not cheap. A good quality cable of 3 meter length retails around 2K - 2.5K or more.
A good quality HDMI 2.1 of the same size is around 2.5 - 3.5K .
As I have said earlier ... my TV has all the HDMI
outputs 2.1.
Most of the high end TV's of 2019 have HDMI 2.1.
Why should I go for a 2.0 cable when I have a 2.1 ready TV with me.
Isn't it good to have future ready equipments.

Hi friends !
Hunting for a 2-3 meter certified HDMI 2.1 cable supporting eARC has now become next to impossible. There are several HDMI 2.1 cables out there. None of them are certified by the HDMI corporation. Non- certified cables are mostly fake and will not comply with all the HDMI 2.1 specified protocols & specifications. You will find some of the functions and features not working or preforming as per specification. I had encountered few of these with fancy logs and false features printed on to them. Like ..... 48 Gbps speed Ultra high speed, 8K VIDEO, DOLBY VISION, HDR 10 , eARC for Dolby True HD / Dolby Atmos and DTS X 7.1.....
They are unable to perform , especially failing to work in the eARC features... unable to pass Dolby True HD / Dolby Atmos 7.1 and DTS X 7.1 contents.
I doubt there is any genuine
"HDMI-Certified" cables out there presently
for HDMI 2.1 with 48Gbps speed supporting eARC.
The original ones have the "HDMI-Certified" hologram logo stickers on them with QR codes for authentication proofs.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back