Cable for eARC

Today I have got in touch with the Audioquest distribution people here in India. I have shared my concerns about the eARC related issue and Audioquest claims on support of eARC and full features of the new generation 2.1 support in their existing 2.0 cables.
Mr. Anand of AV Stores was in touch with me over phone. He was very helpful and had promised me to provide me full details on this soon after getting the support from his Asia Pacific technical team. He is keen to help out people like us who have deep interest and passion for the new technology.

I am also doing my research on eARC from last one month after i bought C9 TV.
Here is my 2 cents.
we dont need HDMI 2.1 or even HDMI 2.0 cable to get eARC from TV to AVR. if you HDMI cable has ethernet inbuild (two pins with twisted shielded pair) on any HDMI cable (which all HDMI after ver 1.4have), it can easy pass 8 HD (7.1) HD uncompressed channels (36MBPS audio or 100MBPS with audio overhead).
I did my experiment (my setup XBOX X->C9->Yamaha RX V 685), played Sicario in XONEX and getting Dolby Atmos True HD in AVR display. I also played Lion King (DTS HD MA) in my MI TV BOX -C9-AVR and getting DTS HD MA display on AVR.
But same USB file when i played directly on TV , AVR only shows DTS.
So conclusion HDMI cable is not reason for eARC issue if you are using decent HDMI cable not older than 1-2 years.
we can never get HD audio from inbuilt TV apps as of now.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back