• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Cable HD vs DTH HD

Home Theatre Systems

imgene

Want to know how much PQ difference exists between Cable HD vs DTH HD.

Which one is recommended?

deba

My Cable TV quality is better then Tata Sky.....less compression in both SD and HD.........

musicbee

Depends on your local cable provider. All the ones I used like the local guy, SITI Cable, Hathway, etc. never compared to Tata Sky in terms of PQ and customer service. Apart from Tata Sky I've also used/use Dish and Videocon and they too are better than local cable TV in terms of PQ, though Dish is pretty bad in terms of customer support.

imgene

So, I guess it is better to try out the Cable HD first and then jump over to DTH HD, if required. Decisions, Decisions.

viper08

So, I guess it is better to try out the Cable HD first and then jump over to DTH HD, if required. Decisions, Decisions.
Get the cable HD if it is cheaper & offers more values for channels.
Why you want to wait for jump ? Don't anticipate the day & night PQ difference between both:cool:..

Rabepobemababe

Technically, Cable-HD is capable of more bandwith than Satellite-HD. But then, 99% of the local cable company guys are hardly bothered about providing quality service.

sunilkedia

I am from Kolkata (Beliaghata area) and wanted to choose HD services between SITI cable & Tata Sky...I have used Tata Sky HD earlier, but not SITI....

Can someone tell me How many HD channels SITI provide? What is the Set top box price and the monthly price? How is the quality of SITI HD service

Request your advice...

Thanks
Sunil

sunilkedia

also, does SITI allow channel locking?? e.g. locking channels which are not suitable for children viewing...

sunilkedia

I am from Kolkata (Beliaghata area) and wanted to choose HD services between SITI cable & Tata Sky...I have used Tata Sky HD earlier, but not SITI....

Can someone tell me How many HD channels SITI provide? What is the Set top box price and the monthly price? How is the quality of SITI HD service....

also, does SITI allow channel locking?? e.g. locking channels which are not suitable for children viewing...

Request your advice...

Thanks
Sunil