Cable - HDMI and speakers - which one?

ngd

Folks,

Firstly thanks to your input, I have bought the Denon 1910 and Energy Take 5.1 speakers and am quite happy with the upgrade. Right now I have connected them using the wires of my earlier setup (which was a sub-25k Sony system)

My questions are:

1) What AWG rated wire should I go for wiring the front speakers (I can't change wiring of the read)? brand? expected price?

2) The dealer is trying to sell me HDMI cable 3 mtrs for 4.5K. I think that's ridiculous 'cos I think HDMI is digital. Can you please recommend the brand and expected price? I need two small cables to connect my media player and DVDP and one long one (3 meters) to connect the AVR to LCD TV. I currently own a 32 inch TV but plan to upgrade to a 47 inch TV next year.

Thanks.

Folks,

Firstly thanks to your input, I have bought the Denon 1910 and Energy Take 5.1 speakers and am quite happy with the upgrade. Right now I have connected them using the wires of my earlier setup (which was a sub-25k Sony system)

My questions are:

1) What AWG rated wire should I go for wiring the front speakers (I can't change wiring of the read)? brand? expected price?

2) The dealer is trying to sell me HDMI cable 3 mtrs for 4.5K. I think that's ridiculous 'cos I think HDMI is digital. Can you please recommend the brand and expected price? I need two small cables to connect my media player and DVDP and one long one (3 meters) to connect the AVR to LCD TV. I currently own a 32 inch TV but plan to upgrade to a 47 inch TV next year.

Thanks.

Hi,

Hey, high-quality or branded HDMI 1.3b cables cost about 2K for 1 m. I do not know which brand he was trying to give you. I have been using 2 1.3b bluejeans 2-m cables for 3k, which I imported from USA and a local one which I bought from ebay for about 600 INR.

So far I have not found any differences in PQ or SQ of those 2 cables, probably I may notice after some months.

My recommendations will be: Bluejeans, QED, MX.

Wish you a blast with your new setup

Cheers!

P.s.: Welcome to the Denon 1910 club, I have been one of its satisifed users thus far.

Folks,

My questions are:

Thanks.

1.AWG can be 18 to 16 .for front + centre 18 is OK,but many for safer size prefer 16k(upto 40ft) I m using 16AWG for frt + centre & 14AWG for surr.
All are OFC ,Taiwan made.loose for around 70/mtr.

2.I m using MX 1.3b HDMI cable (3mtre)priced Rs.450(mrp900).Its best budget cable with metal net all over cable.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back