Cables for Norge 2060 Amplifier and some doubts

hildebrand

I need to connect inputs to Norge 2060 amplifier.
What is the type of connector on the inputs of the amp?
I want to connect the following sources to it:-
1. My Tatasky+ audio input: Appears to be a composite audio (RCA?) with one left and right channel.
2. My laptop audio output (is that a 3.5mm stereo??)
3. TT output which is a cable with two RCAs one for each left/right channel
Which cables do I need to buy? MX is one of the brands recommended by some friends. Which other ones are VFM?

Also, some other queries regarding the amp:-
1. What is the tone defeat button for?
2. What is the Rec/out connection provided for?
3. What is the difference between Aux, cd and dvd input? Are they the same or some difference is there?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited:
Which cables do I need to buy? MX is one of the brands recommended by some friends. Which other ones are VFM?

MX is good VFM. You can also consider the likes of Bandridge, Belkin etc.. Chord Crimson plus is much better at Rs. 2500 per pair though I doubt if you will hear a difference from the former models given the setup.

1. What is the tone defeat button for?
It bypasses the circuit meant for tone control - ie bass and treble creating a more direct path in the amplification.

2. What is the Rec/out connection provided for?
It can be used like a splitter. If you want to connect a subwoofer for instance while you have only one output on the source. You will connect the source to the amp as you do now and wire the subwoofer through the REC out on the amp.

3. What is the difference between Aux, cd and dvd input? Are they the same or some difference is there?
No difference. They are just named so.

Thanks Santy for the prompt reply to clear the doubts.
Only pending Points:-
1. Which connector mates to the amp output -RCA?
2. The connector that will mate with laptop speaker line output is a 3.5 mm jack?
Depending on reply will choose the cables.

Adding to what Santy has said:

I need to connect inputs to Norge 2060 amplifier.
What is the type of connector on the inputs of the amp?
I want to connect the following sources to it:-
1. My Tatasky+ audio input: Appears to be a composite audio (RCA?) with one left and right channel. --> plug it into the AUX input
2. My laptop audio output (is that a 3.5mm stereo??) --> use a 3.5 mm phono jack to dual RCA adapter, then plug it into one of the available inputs in the amp
3. TT output which is a cable with two RCAs one for each left/right channel
Which cables do I need to buy? MX is one of the brands recommended by some friends. Which other ones are VFM? --> your TT's output needs to be amplified first by a phono preamplifier. If the TT has an in-built phono preamplifier, then then your TT's output should be plugged into any of your line inputs in the amp.

1. What is the tone defeat button for? --> it bypasses Bass and Treble knobs. So you get a flat output.
2. What is the Rec/out connection provided for? --> this is from the days of tape recordings. Rec/Tape out is basically an output meant to be connected to a recording device. It will be at line level, and is NOT controlled by the volume knob of your amplifier. So if by mistake you take the Rec/Tape out and give it to the power amp, it will play real loud and your volume will be of no use, and you may blow up your speakers
3. What is the difference between Aux, cd and dvd input? Are they the same or some difference is there? --> they're all the same.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Thanks for your elaborate reply.
My cable doubt also got cleared by laxman from Eastern Electronics. Inputs are RCA only and pc input is same jack.
For the pc connection I need to ask for a "stereo ep to rca" cable and a normal rca cable for the others.
He also said the rec/out can be connected to a subwoofer
Will get those to get started.

Last edited:
Adding to what Santy has said:
What is the Rec/out connection provided for? --> this is from the days of tape recordings. Rec/Tape out is basically an output meant to be connected to a recording device. It will be at line level, and is NOT controlled by the volume knob of your amplifier. So if by mistake you take the Rec/Tape out and give it to the power amp, it will play real loud and your volume will be of no use, and you may blow up your speakers

My ques - It's a question regarding Rec out and Line out. Can we use Rec out from an integrated amplifier to send signal to another integrated amplifier or active speaker. Hope there will be no harm to the preamp sec of the other/second integrated amplifier or the active speaker. I have seen that REC out the signal is consistent with considerable volume. There must be a difference between Line out and Rec out, which is more safe for the kind of connection I am talking about.

Back