Cadence Amaya Vs Avita + Suitable Amp

ashiff

Hi Guys,

Today was my big day. I finally got to audition the Cadence Avita speakers. The Tube amp was not working (some static noise was there), so used the Marantz PM7002 amplifier.

I went with very high expectation after reading lots of good reviews and I aws initially not lifted off in the air. It was when they played Veer Zaara nd Michael learns to rock, I had my self realization.

The music was not forcing itself into my ears, it was there and I was enjoying it. The detailing was amazing and never in my life had I experienced such a listening experience.

Since I do not own a speaker setup at home (its true, waiting for the ultimate setup), I asked them to switch over to Spendour and then I realized the difference. Cadence should not be called speakers but Music environment reproduction system. It got proved once again when I listened to JMLabs Focal.

Listening to Cadence was like being beside the singer and his orchestra and not listening to them from the CDs. It is worth investing every bit into it.

NOw I am in a dillema....

I am being offered an used Amaya (6 years old, ES panel + driver replaced with new ones, seller going for an upgrade). I am to audition them coming weekend. Should I go for a new Avita or used Amaya. Which is the best option provided bboth perfom the same?

Also, I really liked the Marantz PM7002. Should I go for Marantz PM7001 or NAD C355? Which will do justice to the cadence speakers? I like soft rock and music composition by Ilayaraja and AR Rehman?

Please advise... (Can someone ask Manek to give his comments?)

The Avitas are faster than the Amayas. The Amayas are an older design. The Cadence valve amp is a good bet.

The Avitas are faster than the Amayas. The Amayas are an older design. The Cadence valve amp is a good bet.

I read this from another forum....

Manek, your posts Nos.#32 & #35 give the impression that the Amaya is an outdated design & it is the the Arista & the Avita , being of the new design,which are the better speakers.
That is not quite correct-the Aristas have replaced the Aninas which are now out of production, and not the Amayas which are still being produced with the upgraded ESL Panels, wiring etc .
The Aristas are meant for medium sized rooms while the Amayas are better for bigger sized rooms, and hence they are both part of the current line up of Cadence.
Plz check with Mr Shirke, as I did, if you would like a confirmation of what I have written.

I do not think that the Amaya is outdated... Can you confirm please?

AMAYA + VA-1. Case closed.

( It is really that short and simple!)

Further go for 20 W Pure Class A VA-1 and do the cabling with VDH or Siltech.

(I have ANINA + 20 W Pure Class A VA-1 combo with VDH cables)

The Aristas are for a bigger room and the Avitas are for a smaller room. If Mr Shirke says the Amayas are in production then i guess thats it. You do not have to check with anyone. I suggest you hear the Amayas too before taking a decision. I do not know if the new design has circumvented the problem of sluggishness. I recommend you take a trip to their Pune showroom and hear their offerings with their valve amp and then take a decision.

I read this from another forum....

Manek, your posts Nos.#32 & #35 give the impression that the Amaya is an outdated design & it is the the Arista & the Avita , being of the new design,which are the better speakers.
That is not quite correct-the Aristas have replaced the Aninas which are now out of production, and not the Amayas which are still being produced with the upgraded ESL Panels, wiring etc .
The Aristas are meant for medium sized rooms while the Amayas are better for bigger sized rooms, and hence they are both part of the current line up of Cadence.
Plz check with Mr Shirke, as I did, if you would like a confirmation of what I have written.

I do not think that the Amaya is outdated... Can you confirm please?
I was the one who wrote the quoted post after I had consulted first with Mr Mahendra Dave of Oceanic, Pune ,a member of the trio behind the birth of Cadence & then with Mr Ajay Shirke, MD, Cadence.
The Amayas now come with an Indium ES Panel which they say will last the life of the speakers & does not need to be refurbished after a few years like ES Panels made ealier & is also lighter & therefore faster & more revealing.
As for the pre owned Amayas, it entirely depends on their condition & price.
A tip- when you audition them ,play them very lowd & observe the ES panel for any arcing/distortion; likewise, the bass driver.You could get Cadence to upgrade them with the new panels for you you but it will cost 30 to 35 k.
Cadences'VA-1 pairs very well with any of their ES Panel speakers.
You could also have a word with Mr Shirke directly & discuss things with him-he is quite open to taking calls from audiophiles & prospective customers-you could also request him for a discount !
Cadences' phone No. is 020-26708234

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back