Cambridge 540R problem with xtreamer

koushikp

Hi,

Just got my xtreamer yesterday. Firmware version 2.02 and connected to tv through hdmi directly connected to my AVR through optical cable. When I am playing a mkv file with a dts stream the avr is detecting the dts 3/2 stream but playing only 2 channel, just to elaborate the PLII/neo 6 mode is also not available and this happens when the avr has already detected a 5.1 channel source. Anybody else has faced this? Any idea what's the problem?

Is the situation like this:

The AVR display shows Digital In 5.1 but on the right only 2 channel output is shown? And, when you try to select PLII/Neo it says Mode Not Available.

I guess you have to manually select multi channel output from thr AVR R/C. Will check in the evening and let you know. Happens in my setup sometimes.

Is the situation like this:

The AVR display shows Digital In 5.1 but on the right only 2 channel output is shown? And, when you try to select PLII/Neo it says Mode Not Available.

I guess you have to manually select multi channel output from thr AVR R/C. Will check in the evening and let you know. Happens in my setup sometimes.

In fact that is exactly my situation, trouble is even after pressing the DD/DTS button on the cambridge remote nothing is happening, its just showing that its DTS 3/2, and just keeping on playing in two channel mode!

You need to check setting in Xstreamer & set audio as digital as there is a chance that Xstreamer is decoding as PCM 2.0.
See if it outputs raw.

Try playing some other file which has dts/dd 5.1 audio...you may also download some dts demo files from internet...

problm fixed! just needed a firmware upgrade at xtreamer..upgraded to 2.3.1 and problem solved!

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back