HDMI HDCP issue with Marantz Cinema 60

Aniket N R

Hello everyone I need help with a HDMI HDCP issue with my Marantz Cinema 60.

TV - LG UJ632T
Source LG TV and Nvidia sheild TV pro.
AVR Marantz Cinema 60

Sheild is connected to Marantz Cinema 60 and TV is connected using ARC.

When I first setup Sheild, TV displayed error invalid format. The only way for me to get the Video signal pass through using Cinema 60 is to downgrade HDCP to 1.4. It keeps giving error when I set it to Auto or 2.3.

Now when the signal is passing through I am only getting 1080 HD or 1080 HD+HDR content and full 4K is not getting passed through.
When I connect Sheild directly to TV it works perfectly fine and I get full 4K video. But doing that limits the audio signal to DD/DD+ or DTS. Anything beyond that isn't supported nor can it pass through. I am stuck where I can either get Uncompressed audio or I get Uncompressed Video .

I did write to Marantz customer service and they replied saying get a bypass hdcp adapter. (They wont fix it but will suggest to get an additional unit how cool is that!)

Bit of googling told me there are two types of HDMI splitters
1. Splits the signal from 1 source to multiple minimum 2 to say 4. I would need just 2 as long as it supports 4K UHD HDR.

2. Splits Video and audio signal. Takes regular input splits into Video with ARC and audio provides uncompressed audio to AVR and Uncompressed signal to TV as well.

Would like to get your inputs on whats the best solution for this. if any one of you have experience with these type of splitters.

TIA

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-07 at 8.59.16 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-07 at 8.59.16 PM.png
    200.4 KB · Views: 4
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back