Cambridge 540V2

Santana

hi all

planning to buy a the above player , any suggestion on the above, i also heard the marantz 5400 , its a very good player , will cambridge 540 V2 sound better then 5400 .

thanks in advance

david

This is interesting, I have the opposite "problem"...I've purchased the Cambridge Audio 540A V2 amp recently and found it treading into "bright" territory just a bit. Hence I've thought of pairing it with a warm sounding CDP like a Marantz.

Jagat, please could you tell me what amp you are running your 640C player with? I am worried a Cambridge+Cambridge combo may sound harsh.

hi Jagat and paticleman

thanks for the reply , both have differnce experience , in my place here i didnt have a chance to listen to Cambridge ...heard Marantz 5400 and it was a mind blowing performance, great value for the money , would be better if i have some suggestion on 540V2 before buying .

This is interesting, I have the opposite "problem"...I've purchased the Cambridge Audio 540A V2 amp recently and found it treading into "bright" territory just a bit. Hence I've thought of pairing it with a warm sounding CDP like a Marantz.

Jagat, please could you tell me what amp you are running your 640C player with? I am worried a Cambridge+Cambridge combo may sound harsh.

I use the Creek 5350SE amp. and Epos M5 Speakers with the Cambridge 640C V2.

I have heard the Cambridge 540A v2 and never found it bright. What CD player and speakers are you running the Cambridge amp with?

hi Jagat and paticleman

thanks for the reply , both have differnce experience , in my place here i didnt have a chance to listen to Cambridge ...heard Marantz 5400 and it was a mind blowing performance, great value for the money , would be better if i have some suggestion on 540V2 before buying .

Before you BUY the Cambridge I would suggest you to hear them. Both Cambridge and Marantz are excellent in their own ways. You cannot go wrong with either. It depends on what sounds good to your ears!

I use the Creek 5350SE amp. and Epos M5 Speakers with the Cambridge 640C V2.

I have heard the Cambridge 540A v2 and never found it bright. What CD player and speakers are you running the Cambridge amp with?

I am using it with Mordaunt Short Avant 906i speakers and using an old Pioneer DVD as a source for now. I found your post re-assuring as I too have considered getting a C.A. CD Player as a source - I have heard the 640C V2 and it is impressive. Perhaps I need to give my speakers a few more weeks before passing judgement as they are fairly new. BTW, those are some darn fine speakers you've got there - I expect the C.A. makes them sing.

Santana, I agree with Jagat - you should audition the players with your setup. The C.A. sounded quite different in the showroom than when it did all wired up in my drawing room (not better or worse, just different).

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back