Cambridge Audio Azur 340A SE integrated amplifier review

Neal

Cambridge Audio Azur 340A SE integrated amplifier review

20060823_120422_340A-SE-Front-Silver-4cwebheader.jpg

The Cambridge Audio Azur 340A SE (Special Edition) is the ultimate entry level integrated amplifier. A custom designed, oversized low-flux toroidal transformer means the 340A SE thumps out an impressive 45 watts at 8 Ohms and makes it the amplifier to beat in the budget category.

Other features include an 'MP3 in' socket so that portable music players can be connected directly to the 340A SE. The navigator style remote control is 'iPod Command' meaning it will operate the iPods controls.

The 340A SE benefits from an exceptionally low-noise preamp stage with sophisticated input switching technology.

All this electronics sits on Cambridge Audio's customary low resonance acoustically damped chassis. The 340A SE is available in black or silver.

Azur 340A SE features
Front mounted iPod/MP3 in socket
2 x sets of speaker outputs allowing bi-wiring / multi-room installation
Headphone output
Bypassable tone controls
Navigator style Azur remote control

Click here to read why What Hi-Fi? gave the 340A SE 5 stars!

Source: Azur 340A SE integrated amplifier / Azur / Products / Cambridge Audio

hey,

at what price is 340A available in india? where can i find in mumbai?

does it also have a pre-out for connecting sub-woofer?

which bookshelf speakers match best with it?

cheers

hey,

at what price is 340A available in india? where can i find in mumbai?

does it also have a pre-out for connecting sub-woofer?

which bookshelf speakers match best with it?

cheers

The Cambridge Audio Azur 540A V2 integrated amplifier has a pre-out.

You can get them in Mumbai at:

Sharper Image
B/2, T.V. Industrial Estate,
S.K. Ahire Marg, Behind Glaxo,
Mumbai 400025
Telephone: +91-22-4915886, Mobile: +919821557571

The best price my dealer in Chennai offered for CA 340ASE - 15,600/-

Great amp, very musical, good bass, no matter whatever music you throw at it. Heard it with Diamond 9.5 and MS 906i, but found it lacked the power to drive them, coz i had to increase the volume knob to almost 12 o'clock for a decent volume:(

Never heard them with MS 902i or Diamond 9.1, may be can drive them well.

But, an excellent budget amp this 340ASE.

i am considering it for a small budget hi-fi setup that I am planning to acquire maybe next year. (I've told myself I'll buy expensive hi-fi only after I cross 30).

I'm thinking of pairing it with Wharfedale Diamond 9.1s.....or if I am feeling even more broke a pair of Tannoy F1 Customs....My listening area is pretty small...

I am planning to feed these (as well as my 42" plasma) with a Cambridge Audio 540D DVD player....I've heard it is a decent balance of good quality CD playback and good DVD playback.....In the alternative I am thinking of the Denon 1940 DVD player.

Any views on this? Also, would it make sense to pick up any of these components in the UK? The 340A is available for 150 pounds ie INR 12,750...if it's available for 15,600 in Chennai, then it may not be worth carting it from the UK.

Vinod, can you tell me how much your dealer would charge me for a CA 540D DVD player? Any idea how much Wharfedale Diamond 9.1s would cost in India?

Looks good. I already have a preamp. Is there an input to bypass the preamp ?

I absolutely want to use my preamp.

TIA

Also, would it make sense to pick up any of these components in the UK? The 340A is available for 150 pounds ie INR 12,750...if it's available for 15,600 in Chennai, then it may not be worth carting it from the UK.

Hey psychotropic,will CA 340A brought from UK work perfectly in India? Is there any power supply issue like it is with products brought from US?

Finally CA 350A came in market,no review yet-

Azur 350A integrated slimline amplifier

Azur 350A integrated amplifier features
45 Watts RMS into 8 Ohms
5 inputs, 1 Tape in, 1 Record Output
Audiophile grade toroidal transformer and substantial extruded heatsink
New precision ALPs black box volume pot for improved low level channel balance and stereo imaging
New low dissipation polypropylene signal capacitors and custom made electrolytic capacitors in critical positions
Brand new wrap-around casework design with substantially thicker brushed aluminium front panel and new control knob design
Front-mounted iPod / MP3 player connection
Speaker B connections for larger systems or simple multi-room set-ups.
Supplied with new Navigator remote also controls 350C CD player and iPods in CA or Apple docks

Last edited:
Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back