Cambridge Audio One All In One Music System or Bang and Olufsen Beocenter 9300

miroflex

I am trying to piece together a 2 channel music system for my sister to replace her old Sony cassette deck, amplifier and speaker which has been given away. I have already bought a pair of the earlier version of Wharfedale Lintons for her from the UK.

Her listening presently is using computer or iPhone sources. She does have a collection of cassettes and CDs which she would like listen to. I had been planning to buy her a Bang and Olufsen Beocenter 9300 in good used condition from the UK in the 200 to 250 pounds range. This would enable her to play CDs and cassettes as well as listen to FM using the Beocenter tuner. For streaming music from other sources it should be possible to devise a set up.

The Cambridge Audio One is a more up to date option available used in the same price. I am familiar with the capabilities and sound quality of the Beocenter but not of the Audio One. The latter will, I hope, be able to play cassettes and CDs using a cassette deck and a CD player which would add to the cost of the set up and take up a lot of space which may not be an acceptable proposition.

What would be a better and more viable option in the circumstances?

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back