can i buy onkyo TXSR505+HTP-L50 Combo- Pl advice

wnrao

i have offer of onkyo TX-SR 505 AVR + Onkyo 5.1 speaker HTP-L50 , Home theater set up for Rs 27,000/-.
basically i am a music lover n listen to hard n soft rock. i like good bass. in fact after going through the threads here i want to buy powerful marantz/nad/denon stereo amp new/used with matching speakers. i am from hyderabad n difficult to get above stuff within my limited budget of 50k.

may be i need to make a compromise with my requirement. can i pick up above onkyo offer. does the speakers match with the AVR in power. what will be the quality off music with the above onkyo set up. i need your advice friends

i have offer of onkyo TX-SR 505 AVR + Onkyo 5.1 speaker HTP-L50 , Home theater set up for Rs 27,000/-.
basically i am a music lover n listen to hard n soft rock. i like good bass. in fact after going through the threads here i want to buy powerful marantz/nad/denon stereo amp new/used with matching speakers. i am from hyderabad n difficult to get above stuff within my limited budget of 50k.

may be i need to make a compromise with my requirement. can i pick up above onkyo offer. does the speakers match with the AVR in power. what will be the quality off music with the above onkyo set up. i need your advice friends

Speaker offered are weak.They are rated 30w for 6 ohms & AVR delivers
120w for 8ohm
Subw also low powered.Your receiver is too good.
I will advice go for Onkyo HT 230 spk package for Onkyo505.
Speakers are very good & natural sounding.

Speaker offered are weak.They are rated 30w for 6 ohms & AVR delivers
120w for 8ohm
Subw also low powered.Your receiver is too good.
I will advice go for Onkyo HT 230 spk package for Onkyo505.
Speakers are very good & natural sounding.

thanks for the advice spirovious. i had 2 doubts about the above combo
1. Capability of speakers. ( U canformed my doubt, i will ask HT 230 Pkg n will take an audition)
2. The music quality of 505 AVR for the budget.
if u know can u tell me the music quality of 505 AVR. i came to know 505 is old model and is without HDMI is it a real disadvatage. if not if i have to buy only AVR with out speakers how much can i offer for 505

Last edited:
thanks for the advice spirovious. i had 2 doubts about the above combo
1. Capability of speakers. ( U canformed my doubt, i will ask HT 230 Pkg n will take an audition)
2. The music quality of 505 AVR for the budget.
if u know can u tell me the music quality of 505 AVR. i came to know 505 is old model and is without HDMI is it a real disadvatage. if not if i have to buy only AVR with out speakers how much can i offer for 505

1.I told you peakers are very average.230 are 100watt.L-50 were better for
Liverpool system in past.(Highly rates)not with 505

2.Music Q of any Onkyo AVR is average.Denon.Pioneer r good for music.
But fot movies Onkyo is best.HDMI has nothing to do with sound in 505.
Even in new 506,HDMI is just switch to select in 2 sources.
So unless AVR has HD audio decoders ,HDMI is not required.

Back