Can non audiophiles using decent budget earphones experience the greatness of LG Phone DACs compared to normal phones?

arnprasad

Hi,

Was awake at midnight so just tried my luck at grabbing the LG g8X dual screen for under 20K on flipkart and got lucky. Just hoping they dont cancel the delivery saying there was a supply-demand mismatch.

I am no audiophile, but i do use KZ/Tin Audio T2/QKZ type of decent earphones. Will the increment change between say my Redmi K20 Pro and this one be 2-3% which the ear cannot perceive or will I be impressed?

I mostly play Spotify or Amazon music with the occasional FLAC files on my phone downloaded from the internet.

They say..its got "
  • Premium Audio with Balanced Stereo Speakers, DTS:X 3D Surround, 32-bit Hi-Fi Quad DAC"

I love my K20 Pro. Assuming I do get delivery - need to decide if its worth keeping or sell it on OLX for a nice premium!

I got LG V30+ in Dec 2017 which came with Quad DAC and that does sound lot better than other mobiles. Currently V30+ is connected to my AVR via 3.5mm to RCA to play downloaded content.

Hi,

Was awake at midnight so just tried my luck at grabbing the LG g8X dual screen for under 20K on flipkart and got lucky. Just hoping they dont cancel the delivery saying there was a supply-demand mismatch.

I am no audiophile, but i do use KZ/Tin Audio T2/QKZ type of decent earphones. Will the increment change between say my Redmi K20 Pro and this one be 2-3% which the ear cannot perceive or will I be impressed?

I mostly play Spotify or Amazon music with the occasional FLAC files on my phone downloaded from the internet.

They say..its got "
  • Premium Audio with Balanced Stereo Speakers, DTS:X 3D Surround, 32-bit Hi-Fi Quad DAC"

I love my K20 Pro. Assuming I do get delivery - need to decide if its worth keeping or sell it on OLX for a nice premium!

Tempted by your post, I decided to try my luck at the 8 am sale today. After successfully clicking 'Buy'at 8 am sharp, I have been waiting for the last 23 minutes for delivery address load! :(

Was it as bad for you as well, at midnight?

Yeah.. Was available for few seconds only.. Hoping to get atleast 35k on olx.. So far didn't receive any cancellation mail.. 55k on Amazon before discount!

Dont want to turn this thread into "Flipkart tricks" but here the "pre-order with Re 1" was the key i believe.
My brother could buy one at midnight.

Hi,

They say..its got "

Check out your competition:

:) ;)

Got through the queue at midnight only to be stuck with payment issues - went out of stock in just under a minute! - kept refreshing, about an hour later got lucky! Today received a message that the phone has been shipped! Will update once received - it was @ 18240 after card discounts :) seems like a crazy steal deal but with just 4000mah battery and no charger included in the package there is a downside to it already :(

Got through the queue at midnight only to be stuck with payment issues - went out of stock in just under a minute! - kept refreshing, about an hour later got lucky! Today received a message that the phone has been shipped! Will update once received - it was @ 18240 after card discounts :) seems like a crazy steal deal but with just 4000mah battery and no charger included in the package there is a downside to it already :(
That is great to hear, everyone I knew who tried to get this got stuck on the payment page.

I see lots of folks selling on olx for 25k. if they really sold 1 lakh plus units...dont think the premium will be more than this. So good news for those who wanted to buy

I see lots of folks selling on olx for 25k. if they really sold 1 lakh plus units...dont think the premium will be more than this. So good news for those who wanted to buy

Saw an olx ad in Cochin offering it for 20999/-, specifically claiming that it is out of stock on Flipkart and that they have 8 pieces which will reach them by the 20th :)

I am just curious as to why and how they specifically removed 'charging adapter' from the boxes sold on Flipkart :), while it is available in the higher priced offerings by other retailers. The Flipkart page specifically stated that charging adapter not included.

@arnprasad Do let us know and once you receive the same and have had the chance to listen to them :)

I got them today and still pondering about selling it. While there will be hundreds of sellers who will disappear in a week due to strong demand, this 350 cr news seems fake. IF so, getting 30K has a chance. My redmi k20 pro also has snapdragon 855- while it was a impulse purchase, not sure I should waste 20K on a phone which has a better DAC where my redmi might be better in all other aspects. Let me wait a day or two before opening it up. Did u try buying from the Cochin guy?

The charger thing beats me..mrp should be less than 500..doesnt make sense

Last edited:
From the list above, qkz are crap to average, no experience with tin, kz are average to good (depending on models)
May be since I aint an expert. But the QKZ I got - VK4 got good reviews. Same goes for Tin Audio T2 which was universally hailed as a budget classic. Any ear phone I spend more than 15 dollars on - I read and see tens of reviews before I buy. OF course getting good reviews is no guarantee that my ears can identify their goodness :)

Good news is aliexpress free to reasonable shipping is back.

Last edited:
I got them today and still pondering about selling it. While there will be hundreds of sellers who will disappear in a week due to strong demand, this 350 cr news seems fake. IF so, getting 30K has a chance. My redmi k20 pro also has snapdragon 855- while it was a impulse purchase, not sure I should waste 20K on a phone which has a better DAC where my redmi might be better in all other aspects. Let me wait a day or two before opening it up. Did u try buying from the Cochin guy?

The charger thing beats me..mrp should be less than 500..doesnt make sense

Dropped them a message on OLX. No reply as yet.

There seems to be a sudden proliferation of unboxed G8Xs on offer on OLX in the last couple of days, suggesting that a fair number might have been sold.

Makes sense not to open up it up, till you make up your mind about keeping it. Though I have not held or used the phone, I have heard complaints that it is too heavy in the dual screen format, to carry around. If possible, go to a store where it is on display and get a feel of it before you open it up. I only considered it as I was otherwise on the lookout for a budget smartphone and did not mind compromising a bit on performance / convenience for a good DAC.

I feel a bit bad for those who bought it in the 50k price range. Their resale / exhange value would have taken a big hit, by this Flipkart sale.

Anyway, wish you good luck :)

Yeah True. This can always be used as a standalone phone and for 20k..only this and redmi k20 pro are available with 855 and I got both!! Unbelievable value though.. Only the original and first Poco phone comes close... And funnily enough I got that one also!!!! God bless the Chinese mobile manufacturers!

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back