Can sudden volume burst spoil the speakers and amp?

I've just done exactly the same thing. I was playing some music on my Denon AVR through Spotify on my phone, went to play a voice note on WhatsApp, hit volume up and the AVR went straight to maximum volume in under a second. I think the speakers are ok but I got a real fright. I've set the volume limit now. I wish that was enabled by default as its far too easy to go straight to maximum using phone apps.

While pairing my spotify mobile app to denon 2700, for a second i increased volume from my phone which carried the maximum volume to the speakers and a Lahme Sridevi song exploded the entire building for a second. It was real real loud that it could be heard from my rooftop itseems 60 feet above my floor. Would such incidents spoil the speakers and or AVR?
If your speakers are playing fine then they are fine.

That said, try to make it a habit to reduce volume on your preamp or amplifier when shutting down the system.

MaSh

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back