Can the Netflix PrimeVideo & Disney Hotstar clubbed with Jio Wireless Post paid plans be used on ones Smart 4K TV or 4K Firestick?

crashnburn

Can the Netflix PrimeVideo & Disney Hotstar clubbed with Jio Wireless Post paid plans be used on ones Smart 4K TV or 4K Firestick?

Does it give the 4K Streams or caps it to 1080p ones?

1627915108730.png

` 399
JIOPOSTPAID PLUS PLAN
Get Now

Plan Rental
`399
Pack validity
Bill cycle
Total Data
75 GB Data, thereafter `10/GB
Data RollOver
200 GB
Voice Call
Unlimited
SMS
100 SMS/day
Jio Apps & other subscription
  • ic_netflix.svg

Netflix
  • ic_amazon_prime.svg

Amazon Prime
  • ic_disney_hotstar.svg

Disney+ Hotstar VIP
  • ic_jiotv.svg

JioTV
  • ic_jionews.svg

JioNews
  • ic_jiosecurity.svg

JioSecurity
  • ic_jiocloud.svg

JioCloud
Note:
  • Get subscription to Netflix, Amazon Prime & Disney+ Hotstar VIP.
  • Bundled Amazon Prime Video subscription is valid for 1 year. Please refer to the Terms and Conditions here for details of Amazon Prime Subscription
  • Rs 99 applicable for JioPrime.

Does it give the 4K Streams or caps it to 1080p ones?

View attachment 60539
Yes, but ideally no. The subscription services as part of this plan will be the basic ones which won't include any kind of 4k streaming. With Hotstar also removing the VIP plan and making phone only plan as basic, this also might change and you won't even be able to play these on the TV.

If you have a good TV and want to watch good quality content, these aren't the plans. You should go for Netflix UHD plan and Hotstar Premium plan.

Yes, but ideally no. The subscription services as part of this plan will be the basic ones which won't include any kind of 4k streaming.
That's why I am hoping someone with a Jio Post Paid can test/ check/ share.
Unless you've done so?

AMZN Prime + PV via Vodafone that I have seems to be working as full a/cs. From what I've seen.
With Hotstar also removing the VIP plan and making phone only plan as basic, this also might change and you won't even be able to play these on the TV.
This being for? HS itself or via Jio?
If you have a good TV and want to watch good quality content, these aren't the plans. You should go for
Netflix UHD plan and Hotstar Premium plan.
Family already has one of these and I cant make sense to get another for Solo use.

That's why I am hoping someone with a Jio Post Paid can test/ check/ share.
Unless you've done so?

AMZN Prime + PV via Vodafone that I have seems to be working as full a/cs. From what I've seen.

This being for? HS itself or via Jio?

Family already has one of these and I cant make sense to get another for Solo use.
Amazon Prime Video should work. AFAIK, prime video doesn't have tiered plans. For other apps, basic plans won't be suitable for 4K TVs. If your family has already subscribed to Netflix UHD plan, you can share it with them. It supports streaming on 4 screens simultaneously.

Back