Can we separate and use the amplifier from Sony Hi Fi

kaykayshah

I have a sony hi fi system which is around 7 years old. However it still sound decent, the only problem with it is the CD player and the cassette player are malfunctioning!

Can I take out the main board/amp from the system and use it separately?

Hi kaykayshah,

The same thing happened to my old Philips Music System(FW303). Only the Amp and FM are the functioning parts remaining, but it sounded very nice, so still not past usefulness.

Taking out the main board or amp is theoretically possible, but remember you have to build a cabinet and add switches to make that functional.

Before I went another way, for a time I bought a DVD player ( a Philips - so the brand matched :D) and hooked it up to the AUX inputs of the system. Worked fine. And I could use the volume control and equalizer without ripping anything out.

Also, the DVD player had an USB input, so playing my MP3s from a peen drive was an added advantage. My 15-year old system didn't play MP3.

Hope this helps.:)

Why dont you get another player(CDp)& connect it with aux in(strereo)?My cousin connected Sony system to PC & sounding good too.

I was doing the same till now, but the power consumption is huge. :) I think this is the only way reasonable out.

I was doing the same till now, but the power consumption is huge. :) I think this is the only way reasonable out.

How can be it more?When you are not spinning disc in Sony,you save power(used by motors etc),a CDP can consume 50w & thats it.
Yes PC will draw more power.You can get media player too.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back