can we use regular rca cable?

sunder

can we use regular rca cable in the socket of digital coax output of cd player? If should not,why?

no harm in using, but you'll get better results by using a dedicated co-ax cable.
if its a good quality CD player with a decent DAC, it'll give you even better results by using the 2 channel analog outs.

A cable with impedance of 75ohm is recommended for Coax. Typically, a decent RCA-Video cable will have 75ohm impedance. If using normal RCA cable is unavoidable, at least use the Video calbe (with yellow colored ends). Do upgrade to a good quality coax cable (Bandridge etc.) as soon as you can.

no harm in using, but you'll get better results by using a dedicated co-ax cable.
if its a good quality CD player with a decent DAC, it'll give you even better results by using the 2 channel analog outs.

This is not correct. A coax cable has 75 ohm impedence vs. a regular RCA cable that typically has 20-25 ohm. Also the RCA is analogue where as the coax is digital connection and is capable of carrying 6 signals.

when i said "no harm in using", i meant that there was "no danger in using", i.e. the CDP or amp would not blow-up :lol:.

a regular RCA cable would also be capable of transferring the encoded digital bitstream from a CDP/DVDP to a receiver/amp for decoding. its only that the quality of such transfer would not be able to match that of a dedicated 75 ohm co-ax cable.

btw, marsilians, i like your signature. good advice.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back