Can you help to open this subwoofer please...

That's the pic I have with a new driver.
By the way, coming to the issue of opening the sub, the snap fit points are atleast 1 or 2 inches deep from the outer frame border.

So if you insert just the tip of the screw driver and try to open it may not come, and it may damage the edges.

We have to insert the screw driver atleast one or two inches deep, and then pull the frame out.

Guys.. i have a question. The cables inside the sub, from the rear terminals to the driver are too thin. (Not even half the thickness of amazon basics speaker cable)

Should I replace the inbuilt cable with a good one ???

If the inside cables are weak and look flimsy..then change it...else why fiddle.....let things run till it shows signs of weakness

I started this with zero expectations, and I'm prepared to scrap everything if it doesn't work. But to my surprise, the sub started giving good bass. .

Its almost like i got a sub with less than 2k.

May I know how did you procure this Iwai driver ?

If the inside cables are weak and look flimsy..then change it...else why fiddle.....let things run till it shows signs of weakness
May not be needed....but those look too thin. Stock driver was 50W. The new driver is 125W. This one may draw more current .... Just guessing.

Ya...sure il do that....
One more issue i have to still resolve. Bass is boomy. Not sure if it can be resolved with proper placement in my room.

Any way .... this is a hit and miss chance i took. No finetuning or study made about enclosure dimensions, port size etc. I just tried to match an existing box with a new driver.

But the driver is quite good. That I can feel. Earlier Aniket suggested a 12inch driver from Iwai. That's also good.

If this boomy bass issue is not resolved, il built a suitable enclosure for this driver with proper study. Hope Aniket will help me with dimensions.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back