Canton speakers -Full text of 472 post disc on speakers, amps and such things in life

srramanujam

I was quite involved reading this thread, which has 472 posts and on matters covering music, equipment, philosophy and mathematics.

I created a 270 page full text file version of this thread. but am unable to attach it due to file size limits. I can probably cut into five parts and attach it, but it misses the point of compilation. Can the forum help me upload this file. Any tricks that exist below the surface.

Regards

Ram

Last edited:
Re: Canton speakers -Full text of 472 post disc on speakers, amps and such things in

You can use external file hosting like Rapidshare or if you have your own blog that too. Please do send me the link if you host it elsewhere or if you can mail it to [email protected].

Would appreciate it very much and thanks for your effort.

Re: Canton speakers -Full text of 472 post disc on speakers, amps and such things in

I will send you an e-mail.

I am bit hesitant in uploading it outside hifivision. I think the IPR (and hopefully traffic) should belong to this site. I could mail it to the administrator for him to upload though.

Hi Ramanujam and Moser,

I suppose you guys are talking about 'my' amp thread http://www.hifivision.com/amplifiers/3200-amp-upgrade-canton-speakers-feasibility-study.html. The reason I had the word 'my' within inverted commas is that although I was the thread starter, I can hardly take much credit for the information and insight available in that thread on amplifiers, speaker matching, other peripheral issues and of course some discussion on music. The contributors deserve to be saluted. There were occasions when people did not agree, but the tone of the discussion was so respectful that it always produced some positive results.

The problem with the thread is its length. I remember at the point of buying the amp I asked : should I start a new thread. But people including moser suggested that I continue in the same thread so that all the information is available in the same place.

But it is incredibly difficult (even for me) to find a particular information easily.

Ramanujam, I have not understood exactly what you want to do. However, I have done something for all of you ( a few hours of work since last evening): I have seen that the thread can be roughly broken up in a few segments and thinking that this may help people, I am listing the segments below with post no and page no.

PART I: Post #1 (page 1) to Post #58 (page 6)
Introduction, Discussion of a variety of amps
(Post #56 on page 6 has the first mention of Leben CS300, the amp ultimately purchased)

PART II: Post #59 (page 6) to Post #126 (page 13)
The Auditions: Quad 909/99 (Post #59, page 6), Cadence VA-1 (Post #68, page 7), Cayin A-88T (Post #96, page 10)
(Post #119 on page 12 has the Leben CS300 mentioned for the second time)

PART III: Post #127 (page 13) to Post #286 (page 29)
Pre-Power: Discussions on active and passive pre-amplifiers and power amplifiers
(This is the longest and the most technical part. This part ends with the news of dinyaar's acquisition of his new Accuphase E350 integrated amp)

PART IV: Post #287 (page 29) to Post #360 (page 36)
Speakers: Sensitivity, wattage requirements etc
(This section involves more the low powered tube amps, especially the 12 wpc Leben CS300 amp quite prominently)

PART V: Post #361 (page 37) to Post #448 (page 45)
The Purchase: Impressions, Feed-back and Burn-ins

Sub-part V(a): Post #361 (page 37) to Post #367 (page 37)
New Speaker Cable

Sub-part V(b): Post #368 (page 37) to Post #435 (page 44)
The New Amp: Leben CS300

Sub-part V(c): Post #436 (page 44) to Post #448 (page 45)
New IC Burn-in

PART VI: Continuing since Post #449 (page 45)
Speaker Positioning and Stands

Regards.

Excellent painstaking work, Asit. I am sure this will help many people.

Dear Asit,

I thought the thread is informative enough for someone to want to read it in full offline.

I have created this word file with all the content. The problem is that it too long to upload as a file.

I have just mailed the administrator. Let me see what comes out of it.

Regards

Ram

Asit,
It was a pleasure re-reading some of the posts in the thread...:) I certainly have gained a lot from that series of interactions.

Asit,
It was a pleasure re-reading some of the posts in the thread...:) I certainly have gained a lot from that series of interactions.

I agree with you Arj. Certainly one of the best threads I have ever come across. Great stuff there especially for newbies and of course tips for the experienced.
It was great meeting you on Saturday at Sivas place Arjun.

It was great meeting you on Saturday at Sivas place Arjun.
Its mutual and the meetting and discussions were great and the music/sound was simply spellbinding !

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back