"CAPS" branded Electrolytic Capacitor

sachin danage

Does anyone know "CAPS" branded Electrolytic capacitor? I am told that they are actually Keltron by the shop owner as they look same as Keltron in Orange colour but I want to be doubly sure, Thanks!

I have also seen chinese duplicates of keltron in the market. They have the same orange cover on the caps and from the ESR meter I could tell they are much inferior to keltron caps.

Thank you all for the information, I even thought they must be different but "CAPS" brand has so identical look to Keltron Electrolytic that unless one see it carefully, it will not get noticed. I picked 2 of them and found much lesser on the Capacitor value, CAPS 47uf was actually 45uf while Keltron 33Uf was showing 35 Plus, don't have ESR meter to test. Shop owner was pushing "CAPS" and on enquiring stated its the same Company!

I am recapping Kenwood KA8004. I am even replacing Tantalum, any advise on it? Currently Amplifier is fully functional but serviced few years back for some scratchy sound by Technician. I insisted for capacitor change to which technician said not required. Hence I decided to do it on own, have tried few soldering tricks and am confident about it.

On Main Amp Board, I found 470/500 ohm trimmer as per circuit diagram was replaced by 330 ohm resistor. I am planning to replace it with trimmer, any advise on how to adjust trimmer value?

Attachments

• Caps Capacitor.jpeg
    Caps Capacitor.jpeg
    79.8 KB · Views: 7
There are many manufacturers of good Caps in India.

Only way I have found is to contact the manufacturer and they will connect you with a authorized distributor ( bureaucracy :D ), that way you are most likely to get genuine components.

Most of the authorized distributors do not sell in low quantities. You can try diyaudiocart. However, I haven't bought anything from it.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back