Car Audio for Fiat Palio@ Rs 15k

amarprusty

Car Audio for a new Fiat Palio @ Rs 15k

Looking for high end clarity for those intricate instrumentals and vocals, less power and poor HU display does not matter.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks
Amar

Hi,

Amar I can only suggest that you stretch a bit and go in for component kit with a Pioneer head unit and a JBL amp. the normal CD head unit costs around 7-8 (grey market) and the JBL power amp (2channel, powering the component) is around 3-4K and the JBL component kit is also in the same range so total 8+4+4=16K ! with this set-up you can get a very decent sound that you described,Offcourse don't expect any thunderous bass or anything (thinking that since you've used power amp ) but the mids and highs will be very good and faithfull !!

Regards.

Car Audio for a new Fiat Palio @ Rs 15k

Looking for high end clarity for those intricate instrumentals and vocals, less power and poor HU display does not matter.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks
Amar

For the stated budget - would recommend

• Head Unit PIONEER 5050 6200/-
  • Front Comps JBL GT5 652 4500/-
  • Rear Ovals JBL GT5 963 3500/-
  • Total 14000/-

Used the same set up in my dad's Swift - Sounds GOOD - comps sound good even without Amp.

Though later, whenever your budget permits add JBL GT5 A604 4-Channel Amp - Rs. 7000/-

For the stated budget - would recommend

• Head Unit PIONEER 5050 6200/-
  • Front Comps JBL GT5 652 4500/-
  • Rear Ovals JBL GT5 963 3500/-
  • Total 14000/-

Used the same set up in my dad's Swift - Sounds GOOD - comps sound good even without Amp.

Though later, whenever your budget permits add JBL GT5 A604 4-Channel Amp - Rs. 7000/-

If the car will be mostly self driven or very less use of the back seat he can go for front components and a 4 channel amp. And later on add components or ovals to the rear. Having components in the rear will get give him a clear boot to load luggage when required

Has anyone heard of Mutant...!!!

They are great players in UK market, for AMPs and Speakers...
They even have Head Units, but they are not much prefered.

Speakers and Subwoofers and Mutant, when clubbed to Pioneer HeadUnit, sounds fantastic...

Mutant is there basic series...
Mutant-X is the one up series...
And the best one Mutant-XXX Rockz...
Check Out there website - WWW.MUTANT.UK.COM
Mutant Series 505xc - Rs.5500 Component
JBL Subwoofer Rs.3500 + Rs.1000 Box
Rear Speakers - Nakamichi - Rs.3000 approx...
Head Unit - Pioneer - 5050 - Rs.7,000 (New but w/o bill) (Not Grey Market)
Wiring Kit - Rs.1,000

Total Will come to Rs.20,000 approx, but that will be a superb combo...

You can consult Mr. Palani, Auto Planet, for the same, in Bangalore, he will be the best one to suggest you the best.

Regards

Mridul Goel

I second the suggestions about Pioneer and JBL given above by fellow members. They offer a good value for money in that price bracket.

Another one that I want to add to that list is: Blaupunkt speakers. They are clean and I like their sound quite a lot.

Thanks Guys for all the ideas to start hunting car audio however my main concern was can i use any good round speakers in the rear corner setting without fixing an extra wooden plank which kills the storage space.

How are Kenwood HU compared with Pioneer

Any suggestions will be most welcome

Thanks Guys for all the ideas to start hunting car audio however my main concern was can i use any good round speakers in the rear corner setting without fixing an extra wooden plank which kills the storage space.

For that you can use Component speakers in the rears which many have suggested to put in the front. In the front as well in the rear it will get fitted in the doors, thats the place where component speakers are fitted. But their cost would be quiet high then the regular 6 X 9 ovals

Dont know much about Kenwood

As far as I know Alpine is the best and later on comes Pioneer and Blaupunkt.

Actually am totally out of car audio but will still give my 2 cents.
Pioneer is best VFM for head Unit. Am using a 5250 HU + Pioneer CD Changer + Pioneer Oval rears in my old Honda city for ages and it sounds very good. Much better than the Alpine set up i got factory fit in the new city and even better than the really poor (think its a damn clarion) set up in the Accord.
On checking with my car audio gurus i changed the rear speakers in the Accord to a Blaupunkt oval (think its 3 way) speaker pair and the sound has improved a lot. Have heard the JBL speakers/bass tube in my young neighbours car and all i hear is a thump and an even louder thump but i would not really call it musical.

Problem with Pioneer at least the speakers is that there is tremendous duplication so be careful. As far as blaupunkt goes i have a positive opinion on the speakers but HATED the Blaupunkt' Munich' HU that came in an opel corsa i bought/ soon sold a few years ago. Horrible sounding combo.
Regards

Should i go for the whole car audio with B&W paying almost 30% extra or will a grey market stuff will do,please suggest is it worth paying the extra money where i can add an Amp for the same cost.

My cousin installed audio system in his car which included a Pioneer head unit, Rockford Fosgate Components, Blaupunkt sub and a JBL 4 channel amp.
All without bill. Its almost a year and its working very fine
So usually there is not a problem. The headunit is most vulnerbale part of the whole audio system. The lens tends to give problems.

Thanks everyone for the great suggestions:
ICED my Palio MJD:

Pioneer 5050USB
Front Component JBL GT5 650C
Rear JBL GTO937
MDF Plank and Palio Antenna extra
Total Rs 16.5K

Sounds like dream :)

Should i go for the whole car audio with B&W paying almost 30% extra or will a grey market stuff will do,please suggest is it worth paying the extra money where i can add an Amp for the same cost.

Genreally Amps don't fail if you dont overload it and same goes with the speakers. If there is a manufacturing defect you will come to know in 1 or 2 days of using. And as it is very less of a speaker is included in warranty

Only issue you will have the headunit, where it might give problems (if your luck is bad) with the lens or loading mechanism. So I would suggest if you want to be safe go for a headunit with warranty. Else if i am not wrong 75 percent of people opt for without bill and warranty product as the price difference is quiet significant.

Hi amar, I am from gurgaon and i am also looking for good sound system for my Palio MJD: (the budjet is almost same as yours)

I prefer clear sound (love to listen fine notes of the smallest instrument in the music) and have no much intrest in big woofers.

just want to check how your system is working now, any suggestions for improvement in the one you got for your MJD,

Also the configration you have got is it a grey market or the one from authorized dealer?

Please suggest

Hi amar, I am from gurgaon and i am also looking for good sound system for my Palio MJD: (the budjet is almost same as yours)

I prefer clear sound (love to listen fine notes of the smallest instrument in the music) and have no much intrest in big woofers.

just want to check how your system is working now, any suggestions for improvement in the one you got for your MJD,

Also the configration you have got is it a grey market or the one from authorized dealer?

Please suggest

Hey! As your are based in NCR you can try the bull audio range of spk at a shop called driven. It is VFM product & should fit the bill as for the type of sound you are looking for . The contact nos of one of the partners jasdeep is
+91-9891104990.
You can also try the illusion audio spks. Will try to find the installer for the same if req, lemme know
I hope it helps.
Cheers.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back