Car Audio upgrade suggestion

Rud31

I have a Maruti Alto, primarily used for intracity travel. Currently, it has a pair of JBL 4 inch coaxial in stock front speaker location, 2 Sony 6x9 Coaxial on rear parcel tray and a DIY 8 inch powered sub. The HU is a Pioneer unit rated for 45Wx4 RMS. As it never had any "interior" work done in it, I took it to a shop yesterday to get an estimate. When it came to Audio, the guy suggested me to get Coaxial installed in individual boxes in the boot and fix 2 Dome tweeters upfront near A pillar. Now what I want to know is that if I go for such a setup;
1. Will it be too bright i.e. Highs focused?
2. If I add an amplifier to the mix, would the low end from Coaxial be enough to obviate the need for a subwoofer? By subwoofer, I'm considering an 8-inch unit hitting down to 40Hz?
Moreover, there's a tight budgetary constraint on this, has to be under 10K. The guy has quoted 1200 for a pair of Dome tweeters, 3500 for a pair of preowned Focal Coaxial. So the question is what would be a better option, spending the remaining money or more, if need be, on a powered sub or an amplifier to drive the aforementioned speakers and tweeters. Aim is SQ, not loudness or bumping the roof off.

No matter how many gizmos we add the body shell of car will always vibrate. Any installation will benefit with good audio insulation. Use all your budget for noise insulation with Naico or any other brand. Stock system will sound better then slowly add amp and speakers as next upgrade.

I have a Maruti Alto, primarily used for intracity travel. Currently, it has a pair of JBL 4 inch coaxial in stock front speaker location, 2 Sony 6x9 Coaxial on rear parcel tray and a DIY 8 inch powered sub. The HU is a Pioneer unit rated for 45Wx4 RMS. As it never had any "interior" work done in it, I took it to a shop yesterday to get an estimate. When it came to Audio, the guy suggested me to get Coaxial installed in individual boxes in the boot and fix 2 Dome tweeters upfront near A pillar. Now what I want to know is that if I go for such a setup;
1. Will it be too bright i.e. Highs focused?
2. If I add an amplifier to the mix, would the low end from Coaxial be enough to obviate the need for a subwoofer? By subwoofer, I'm considering an 8-inch unit hitting down to 40Hz?
Moreover, there's a tight budgetary constraint on this, has to be under 10K. The guy has quoted 1200 for a pair of Dome tweeters, 3500 for a pair of preowned Focal Coaxial. So the question is what would be a better option, spending the remaining money or more, if need be, on a powered sub or an amplifier to drive the aforementioned speakers and tweeters. Aim is SQ, not loudness or bumping the roof off.
For Alto 2 channel is enough . No need for rear channels . You can get a 3 channel amp and bridge 2 channels for sub . Front you can go for Coaxial speakers . Try for Hertz E series which is avaliable in the maruti showrooms .

your aim should be SQ with highly efficient speakers. since you are planning to run everything with the HU, you will be limited with power. Also you need speakers which will play nicely at a lower volume. stick with Brand like Morel maximo , get a pair of components upfront. 6.5inch components will set you back 5000rs, they are really good when it comes to sq at low power. morels are well engineered and have excellent resale value too.

no amount of power to speakers can match the bass intensity of a dedicated sub. an 8inch sub will blend in good with the front morels. I too have an alto and the front doors can accommodate a 6.5inch midbass with some mods.
a 2 channel amp for the 8inch sub will suffice . don't think of rear speakers as of now. those can be added later in future.

you will end up spending 5k comps+ 4k 2channel amp +2k wiring and installation. the results will be rewarding.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back