Car dash cam with GPS feature

swamytk

Hi, I am looking for a car dash cam with min 1080p, night vision and GPS. Which one you use and how do you rate it?

I've used an old iPhone 5s lying around as dashcam. There's an app called Dashcam which can do loop recording, speed monitoring and time stamps. This is obviously my cheapskate solution :D. There should be professional gear like GoPro for this, not used them though

I've used an old iPhone 5s lying around as dashcam. There's an app called Dashcam which can do loop recording, speed monitoring and time stamps. This is obviously my cheapskate solution :D. There should be professional gear like GoPro for this, not used them though
Me too preparing my old Lenovo Phone for this purpose. But video quality is not good. For good video quality I need mobile above 15K - instead I can buy a high end Dash cam itself. That is how I landed up here:)

I am using Viaofo A119 v2 for some years and its good. They do give patches regularly.

Also my friends are using 70mai dash pro with GPS too. It has also good review.

Both procured from Aliexpress

Viofa A119 with GPS is good. I don't like the design very much though.

I am using 70mai dashcam pro with GPS. Here is the unboxing video :

Here is another video where I review the dashcam and HUD together:

The dashcam has great quality - and has functional voice command. Like, you can say "Take Picture" and it takes picture. BTW - takes good picture as well with a superb HDR.

My gripe is - it doesn't record the lat-long or speed in the video.

Hi, I am looking for a car dash cam with min 1080p, night vision and GPS. Which one you use and how do you rate it?
What is the purpose of a dashcam cam ? Do you use it as a safety feature or is it to capture the scenery ?

As per Xiaomi - it is used for lane departure system, driver assistance system. Pretty useless if you ask me. They just rolled out an update - need to see what is it about?

Not exactly. I have a a dashcam without GPS and it offers lane departure, collision warning, hard acceleration & braking etc functions.

GPS cams offer location details along with speed at any time or during any unfortunate accident. It can show you the entire route traveled on the map.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back