Cayin Tube Chinese Amplifiers (all hand wired)

somen24in

dear all
Cayin Audio - A-50T Integrated Amp .
Cayin Tube Chinese Amplifiers (all hand wired)
is it true cayin is purely chanines amps handmade ,is it reliable+which speaker are matching bookshelf for this ? any one suggest which cayin amps <60 watts is better or any review & who sell in india distrubutere name + adrs+pries .

hi somen24in,

i have heard a few cayin amps. the last one i heard was at the pune guy soundnvisionhifi. i think it was the el34 tube amp. dont remember the number though. all of them have weird numbers, names i could have remembered :)

they sound decent. power is good enough for most speakers. i heard it in pune with the monitor audio bronze bookshelves which are bout 90 or 91 db sensitivity i think so decent match. regarding long term reliability i think it was myriad who moved from cayin to cadence so he can confirm and give you an opinion.

google for soundnvisionhifi for website and soundsmiths used to carry that line long back. not sure if they do now. sorry no numbers at hand.

regards

Somen,

I have auditined the Cayin A-88T integrated amp quite extensively and I liked it. Although the sound is not the most refined, but it involves you musically and the tonality is good. In my long amp thread, somewhere around the 10-15th page, you will find the description of the audition.

I also heard the Cayin A-50T along with Cayin's matching tube CDP, about 8 months ago. This combination sounded just alright to me, nothing exceptional.

Speakers used were Epos M12i and Quad 11 L2 respectively in the above auditions. You could argue that with better speakers there could have been better results.

SKS Traders sells them at Kolkata. If you bargain hard, you can get very good deals on the Cayin from them. This was my understanding, because they were ready to go down substantially from their initial quotes.

Regards.

Hello,
I have a general view here. In my search for tube amplifiers I also did stumbled upon this Cayin tube amp from SKS traders. I didn't audition them and no idea how it performs. There are guys here who can talk about its musical performence. I am thinking from purely business side that HI FI is not very common in cal and for tube amplifier dealer its like a oasis in a desert. So it is highly unlikely that the dealer will bring a high end tube amp in his shop purely for audition purpose where the target audience is very very thin. so in my opinion if its tube amp it is better to go for Indian brands upto a price point may be 75k. Other wise we might be getting low priced overseas stuff paying hefty premium for unknown reasons.
Thanks.

True - It's made in China like MOST other hi-fi equipment.
False - It's not just a "Chinese" amplifier - from what I remember Cayin is a German company
True - I had heard a Cayin amp. [forgot which one] and to my ears it was BRILLIANT

IMO - audition it, if you like the sound, bargain hard and buy it without hesitation

True - It's made in China like MOST other hi-fi equipment.
False - It's not just a "Chinese" amplifier - from what I remember Cayin is a German company
True - I had heard a Cayin amp. [forgot which one] and to my ears it was BRILLIANT

The Cayin is a chinese amp.It is made by the Zhuhai Spark Electronic Equipment Co., LTD.

Home - Spark Electronic Equipment Co., LTD.

Ken Kessler(HI-FI News) reveiwed one of the first amps to be imported into UK back in June 1996 .It was the Spark 550 which used two 300B's per channel.

Regards
Rajiv

The Cayin is a chinese amp.It is made by the Zhuhai Spark Electronic Equipment Co., LTD.

Ken Kessler(HI-FI News) reveiwed one of the first amps to be imported into UK back in June 1996 .It was the Spark 550 which used two 300B's per channel.

Regards
Rajiv

You're right. Wonder what I heard back then from the store which stuck in my mind about them being a German company. Irrespective - what I heard was brilliant! :)

hi marsilians,

what tubes does the vincent use? and how many watts is it? there was one reviewed in av max some time back. wondering if this is the same.

regards

From: "John" <[email protected]> | Add to Address book |This is spam

To: "somenbhowmik" <[email protected]>

Subject: fake /original

Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 06:03:50 IST

dear rajiv & all tube amps lover

Dear Somen Bhowmik,

Thanks for your mail.

Just now we do not have any authorized distributor in India. Sorry for the inconvenience. If you have decided to buy from some other places you can let me know the series number you've got and I can have a check for you.

Thanks and best regards,

John

======= 2009-07-28 22:24:41 =======

>dear john

> i like your cayin tube amps a50t to a88t i read in net .i also see your website nowadays so meny fake cayin in the market,if i buy i try to fast i send you the///series noumber ,john you said ok the cayin amps then i buy,///
>you have any authorized distributors in india ,its urgent
>
>2. Each product has its exclusive series number. Please ensure the products having exactly same series number in packing carton, back panel of product and guarantee form before you buy it. Any products without or uncompleted series number are regarded as fake commodity. We will not offer our after sales service to such fake commodity.///
>
>somen bhowmik

Regards
Rajiv

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back