CD Player/MP3 Player/AM-FM radio

sukhas19

Hey Guys,

I would like to gift a music player to my dad who is pretty old. His requirements are just to listen to some music, from a USB stick, as well as from AM-FM radio stations. Also he has a lot of cassettes, which I am not sure will play or not because of not playing them for long. If there is an option to play the cassettes, it will be an added advantage. He does not want any of those extravagant 5.1 systems. I did look couple of players in Amazon.in....

Philips AZ-5740/98 MP3 DVD/CD Player: Amazon.in: Electronics

Can any one give a good suggestion for this. It will be really appreciated.

regards,
Sukhas

it looks like a nice gift and should do the job.

i assume the budget will be normal and this will be fine.

my mum listens to music at home and her requirements are very simple.

Its us who make things more complicated that it ought to be.

njoi the music !

best wishes

Hey Guys,

I would like to gift a music player to my dad who is pretty old. His requirements are just to listen to some music, from a USB stick, as well as from AM-FM radio stations. Also he has a lot of cassettes, which I am not sure will play or not because of not playing them for long. If there is an option to play the cassettes, it will be an added advantage. He does not want any of those extravagant 5.1 systems. I did look couple of players in Amazon.in....

Philips AZ-5740/98 MP3 DVD/CD Player: Amazon.in: Electronics

Can any one give a good suggestion for this. It will be really appreciated.

regards,
Sukhas

Nice gesture Sukhas.
Make sure you buy the largest capacity USB stick the player can read and fill it with all the tunes your dad likes and set the player in shuffle mode playback. In addition to AM/FM/tape, your dad will have his personal tune set playing randomly. Our parents' generation seem to like randomness.

Cheers,
Raghu

Sukhas,
Check this out too.
Philips AZ1852/98 Boom Box - Philips : Flipkart.com
Claims Tape/FM to MP3 conversion. If true, you can attempt to archive your dad's tape collection and capture radio songs.

Cheers,
Raghu

Raghu thanks for link... But the reviews are mixed.....I am not sure if I can buy these stuff from Online...Or go to Chroma or some shop and check the audio quality?
What do you say?

I don't know much about the performance and capabilities of these units.
If you have opportunity to take a demo and then decide it is the best option.

Cheers,
Raghu

Hi, nice gesture from you. One input I have is to check the manufacturing date and then buy. Usually these are not selling in large nos so the stock gets piled up. The belts don't last in such cases. And don't expect good radio reception in such boxes, they may be good only for string local stations.

Sony is better, they have listed them for 4-7k at their site. Cheers

Hi, nice gesture from you. One input I have is to check the manufacturing date and then buy. Usually these are not selling in large nos so the stock gets piled up. The belts don't last in such cases. And don't expect good radio reception in such boxes, they may be good only for string local stations.

Sony is better, they have listed them for 4-7k at their site. Cheers

Hi Gautam, i could not see 4-7k stuff in their site..if you have a link, plz post....

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back