cd player vs dvd player..

subabu2002

hi ,

i am currently using DVD player as my music source.. mostly i used pen drive and mp3 cd...

my current set up is marantz pm 6004 and kef q 300 speakers.. i am quite happy of music output from dvd player and this combo..

i am reading some magazines,they told that using cd player will improve the sound quality over all..

if i bought CD player, i again using pen drive or mp3 cd`s only rarely original cd`s,then, is there any sound quality differences between dvd player and cd player like marantz cd 6004?

is it worth invest the cd player for pen drive use?

-suresh babu

Sorry for hijacking this thread...what if you need both audio player and BD player? should you go for separate audio and bd player or a combo like the Marantz UD5005?

As per my understanding:

Buy dedicated CD Player if you have many audio cds or plan to buy them in future.

Go for dvd/blu ray player or media player along with a good quality DAC.

Regards, Amit

Sorry for hijacking this thread...what if you need both audio player and BD player? should you go for separate audio and bd player or a combo like the Marantz UD5005?

I spoke to somebody who is using maranntz ud5005, his experience is pretty average, he recommended dedicated cd player or bd player+DAC.

As per my understanding:

Buy dedicated CD Player if you have many audio cds or plan to buy them in future.

Go for dvd/blu ray player or media player along with a good quality DAC.

Regards, Amit

Yes, I do have a good collection of audio CDs. Are there any BD players with good quality DACs? Will the price of such players equal buying a decent CD player and BD player separately?

Yes, I do have a good collection of audio CDs. Are there any BD players with good quality DACs? Will the price of such players equal buying a decent CD player and BD player separately?

I believe there are few from a brand called Oppo, but the pricing seems to be very premium. Few FMs have the BD Players from Oppo.

Time being you can consider buying one pioneer or panasonic bd player and may think about buying a cd player or a dac in future.

Check out my player,

The Pioneer BDP-51FD is a decent blu ray player with good DACs. Worked out to about Rs 12,500 all inclusive.

I have got a thread about it. See if it is suitable for you.

Vinod

I have lot of orginal CD collection and my source was Sony DVD player almost past 5 years. Just I bought Marantz CD6004 and for my ears the improvement is not too much to justify the cost. My other system are Marantz PM KI Pearl Lite amplifier KEF iQ5 speaker.

1. Go in for a good DAC and use it with your computer. Modi Schiit is a good budget DAC with a synchronous clock and the cost is around USD 100. You may go in for high end DACs. Sky is the limit
2. Have .wav or flac format source files
3. Make sure you have good media player ( I use foobar cos it supports flac)

Old thread, But +1 to this. "If output is digital (coax / optical) DVD player Vs dedicated CD Player = No Difference"

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back