Change or keep my polk audio system

abhimanyu

Hi everyone. So this is my frst post here. I am an audio enthusiast and have a job which makes me move to places all over the country every two odd years. I rebuild my av room every time i move and i have the following setup as of now

1. Polk audio
RTIA7

CSI A6

FXI A6

OWM 3

1. 15 inch db subwoofer
  2. Denon X4400H avr
  3. Xiaomi UST 4K pj

I generally get a room which is about 12x12 ft and i feel the setup i have is too overbearing for the room size. Should i plan to change my setup and go in for bookshelves and smaller surrounds as it gives me more flexibility to pack and move but without compromising on the sound.

Your current setup is good and powerful enough. I think for 12x12 room size the setup may be overbearing more, But with correct tuning you should get better results as well.
Check the setup in your new home for sometime , Do experiment then make a decision.

If you are frequent mover within country , then satellite speakers are best and convenient , but little compromise on sound. Bookshelves speakers are better but again it will be more weight to carry.
If you will be traveling to other countries then better to sell off your system and go for new one. (In other countries you get speakers for cheaper prices).

That's an amazing setup to have. What are the difficulties you face with the setup which moving base every few years? The towers, center and receiver need to be packed really well each time to avoid damage. For your room size you could do with slightly smaller speakers too.

MaSh

That's an amazing setup to have. What are the difficulties you face with the setup which moving base every few years? The towers, center and receiver need to be packed really well each time to avoid damage. For your room size you could do with slightly smaller speakers too.

MaSh
I just did a demo of r series of polk with their r200 bookshelves and they are actually sounding really nice. With a 10 inch definitive tech sub it would make for a nice 5.1.2 setup. packing them everytime is my biggest hassle. Lets see if i can sell this setup and get the polk R series speakers

I just did a demo of r series of polk with their r200 bookshelves and they are actually sounding really nice. With a 10 inch definitive tech sub it would make for a nice 5.1.2 setup. packing them everytime is my biggest hassle. Lets see if i can sell this setup and get the polk R series speakers
Yes packing must be a hassle as they are pretty tall towers. How much is the R200 selling for?

MaSh

Yes packing must be a hassle as they are pretty tall towers. How much is the R200 selling for?

MaSh
Approx 60k

Your current setup is good and powerful enough. I think for 12x12 room size the setup may be overbearing more, But with correct tuning you should get better results as well.
Check the setup in your new home for sometime , Do experiment then make a decision.

If you are frequent mover within country , then satellite speakers are best and convenient , but little compromise on sound. Bookshelves speakers are better but again it will be more weight to carry.
If you will be traveling to other countries then better to sell off your system and go for new one. (In other countries you get speakers for cheaper prices).
Sq is something i am absolutely not willing to compromise on 😊. I love my setup and i would hate to part with it but the burden of packing and moving it every 2 years is a lot. Its easier to pack up bookshelves and hence was planning to give the setup to someone who might be interested.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back