Cheapie Interconnects and Speaker Cables

Hi,

I was searching for stereo to RCA budget cable for D2X to AVR connection.
I was abt to go for MX but shopkeeper gave me "dbx" cable.When asked,I was told that it is Indian one.I said I will try & return if I didnt like.Came home & connected D2X(xonar)front to AVR front(of 5.1 in).To my surprise I found-

:Cable was very Dynamic.Specially midrange & highs are exiting.They are clean without sounding Bright.Deep Bass was perhaps little less(may be due to my small spks).Bass may improve later as its just 2 day old cable.(I found cable sounds different after few days)
The seperation sounded perfect.Strings sounds very pleasant.
When I played Dhun Karva from Ustad Bismilhla Khan,Shahanai & Table sounded just gr8(considering its AVR)as if it is played in front of me.

I played few Flac where Vocals sounded much better,proper & music in background.
I felt liveliness in few songs as if singer singing in front of me.Something like Vocals forward & music laidback.
Overall sound musical,clean with melody.
I think 1st time after changing Supra cables,I found further improvement in strereo sound(with AVR).When checked with headphones,I found conduction was a bit perfect close to original.

I played some movs & Dynamic sound continued.Even MP3(new) sounded better.

Some may feel cables little Bright with stereo amp like marantz,but with ONKYO which usually rolls off highs sounds much musical.

Finally the price,Just Rs55 for 3mtre stereo to RCA.
I shlould not be surpised if dbx earns the name in future if they continue same quality with other cables too.

Last edited:
The No is 254(it looks common)They dont have Web still.
Photo,it is a simple cable like other Stereo to RCA without any name,but packed in Plastic cover with name printed on it.

@psychtropic
Are the QED and CHORD prices you have mentioned in your initial post merely the pound rates converted into INR or are you actually getting these interconnects in India at these prices?On the PROFX site the QED QUINEX 2 is quoted at 2900/-.If you are getting them for 1000 INR then they are worth it.I paid 2500/- for my QED Quinex 2 IC's.I found them to be a major improvement over my earlier Sommers cable with Amphelon connectors.

hey guys, my post was from a year back. Now I am not really lookng for cables or ICs. The prices i mentioned were pounds converted. And reddymail, thank you so much for the offer. I may take you up on that some time :)

I got another MX cable(transperent with orange colour)which hss also written as designed in USA on it.

Absolutely correct. This is an MX cable and this 'monster type' RCA has been there at Lamington road for ages and IMO nothing but a fake. Check the plating on this RCA. A simple neutrik is a better solution.
Actually in this case its pretty easy to concur on the originality but there are some superb fakes of brands like cardas, XLO, Oyaide, furutech and one has to be really careful when buying.

Last edited:
I am planning to buy the following cables from BJC. They for
1. connecting my avr to sub (keeping the wire long for flexibility of placement)
2. Multichannel audio from BDP to AVR
3. Speaker cable for front and surrounds. Room is 18*12*10.
4. Stereo cables for stereo o/p to avr
5. Banana Plugs for termination

Quantity Remove Name Unit Price Total
BJC LC-1 Subwoofer Cable, 25 foot, White $42.50 $42.50
BJC LC-1 Six-Channel Audio Cables, 3 foot, Black, with Techflex $97.00 $97.00
BJC Twelve White Speaker Cable, 100 foot, unterminated $62.00 $62.00
BJC LC-1 Stereo Audio Cables, 3 foot, Black, with Techflex $34.25 $34.25
Banana Plugs, gold-plated, pair $3.50 $35.00
Order Subtotal: $270.75

Let me know if I am buying the right stuff and qty before I press the checkout option. TiA.

I use DH Labs Silver Sonic BL -1 wire which is available in bulk, and then solder them to RCA's myself, which is quite easy.

At this vendor they are $4 a foot.

DH Labs Silver Sonic BL-1 Series II Interconnect at ACI

George,

I remember you bringing the EMOTIVA from US. How is it working for you. I am intrested in your rest of your gear along with the DH lab cables.

Let me know. I am planning on cable upgrade. Have you ever tried any of the Cardas brand.

Any comparisons welcome between DH labs vs Cardas Vs Transparent Music link.

I am planning to buy the following cables from BJC. They for
1. connecting my avr to sub (keeping the wire long for flexibility of placement)
2. Multichannel audio from BDP to AVR
3. Speaker cable for front and surrounds. Room is 18*12*10.
4. Stereo cables for stereo o/p to avr
5. Banana Plugs for termination

Quantity Remove Name Unit Price Total
BJC LC-1 Subwoofer Cable, 25 foot, White $42.50 $42.50
BJC LC-1 Six-Channel Audio Cables, 3 foot, Black, with Techflex $97.00 $97.00
BJC Twelve White Speaker Cable, 100 foot, unterminated $62.00 $62.00
BJC LC-1 Stereo Audio Cables, 3 foot, Black, with Techflex $34.25 $34.25
Banana Plugs, gold-plated, pair $3.50 $35.00
Order Subtotal: $270.75

Let me know if I am buying the right stuff and qty before I press the checkout option. TiA.

I am very happy with Emotiva cables @18$ in my system compared to $230 Nordost. maybe you should try those? Have not listened closely but no glaring defects that I could spot in casual listening...

Cheers

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back