Check out my dac build

rdio

This is my recent dac build, it uses low noise TPA7A47 reg for the power supply of both main dac and IV stage. It also uses a isolated i2c section for isolating the microcontroller from the main dac from any possible noise from the microcontroller.

IMG_5716c.jpg

REAR-1.jpg

IMG_5709c.jpg

dac2.jpg

Clipboard01.jpg

Congratulations! Looking good. How does it flares with other similar range DACs?

What is the design based on? What is your DAC Chip?

What I can make out is USB I/p is based on cm6631A chip. Is that correct?

hi looks very good can you please tell us the complete details about the dac also what is the cost you spend for this dac.

Like to know important one that is sound signature please share it:)

Beautiful build - the boards are all from Ebay I'm assuming? Would be very interested in details about the rest of the components - the case, knobs and that display! (and whats driving it)

Congratulations! Looking good. How does it flares with other similar range DACs?

What is the design based on? What is your DAC Chip?

What I can make out is USB I/p is based on cm6631A chip. Is that correct?

Xmos asynchronous usb

Beautiful build - the boards are all from Ebay I'm assuming? Would be very interested in details about the rest of the components - the case, knobs and that display! (and whats driving it)

Not from ebay, dac board is made by me. It uses arduino nano mcu. The enclosure is plastic. Front panel has mirror finish. The display has mirror finish, the display is visible when dac is powered. The knob is anodized aluminium sourced from ebay as you said. The display, enclosure, mcu are purchased from India. Dac board uses thin film resistors, film caps and low jitter low phase noise crystal all sourced from digikey. Dac ic is sourced from singapore. Making cost is quite high as i had to pay customs duty for the imported parts. Some parts i already had.

Not from ebay, dac board is made by me. It uses arduino nano mcu. The enclosure is plastic. Front panel has mirror finish. The display has mirror finish, the display is visible when dac is powered. The knob is anodized aluminium sourced from ebay as you said. The display, enclosure, mcu are purchased from India. Dac board uses thin film resistors, film caps and low jitter low phase noise crystal all sourced from digikey. Dac ic is sourced from singapore. Making cost is quite high as i had to pay customs duty for the imported parts. Some parts i already had.
Thanks for sharing these details - this is the dual mono implementation you had written about earlier? Any plans to do kits - what would such a build cost?

Beautiful build. Impressed with aesthetics. I hope the sound quality is impressive as well. for last few days I am doing too much research for a DAC. Exploring the option of importing assembled DAC board with ES9018 chip from China. I am no electronics guy, so cant test the output and quality. Can you share the details of your DAC and the amount you spent on this project. alternatively thinking of a Cambridge audio DAC magic+ or a NAD D1050. Eagerly awaiting for OPPO HA-1 too which uses the ES 9018 DAC Chip.

Can you post some work in progress pics and your workshop? Guess it will be nothing less than a manufacturing plant building digital ckt board. Would be very interesting.

Awesome work, rdio!

Build quality appears to be great, and surely looks better than many China made commercially available DACs.

I wish you all the best, both as a passionate personal builder and as a commercial venture in making, should you choose to go that route, because I think you are ready for that.

You are the man!! Boared with my Dac Magic, I am also planning to build a ESS9018 based DAC... I saw Buffalo DAC and other options and have been eyeing over an ongoing DIY Dac by forum member AAK of Diyaudio.
But your project impressed me!! Where you got the the Case ?? if you are offering the DAC baord/Case etc, I would be in for Group buying. if you built upon available kits, please please please share the link.

Thanks

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back