vinod_david

Banned
Banned
Hi:

Yesterday, went to Profx just to listen to this setup:

Denon PMA 1500AE
Denon DCD 1500AE
KEF IQ7 FS

Initial impression of the Denon's were they look huge and pretty solid. Well, IQ7 was a nice little FS, excellent finish, they would really compliment any living room. They stand more or same height like my RS6, but looks a little bit fat, and they are front ported, so can be kept close to wall.

KEF IQ7

Well, played Dire Straits, my favorite, I simply loved the soundstage they created, bass was very very tight and tuneful, but didn't go deep like RS6 would do, excellent midrange, though. Treble was nice and well focused thanx to the Uni-Q driver, which helps in creating a beautiful soundstage. They indeed were excellent speakers

Denon PMA 1500AE - Denon DCD 1500AE

It has it all, insight, subtlety, power, dynamics and attack but most important, transparency and a musicality that is rare at double the price. It weighs a ton, is well put together and I think its a total bargain compared to what else there is at the price.

I would really advise this combo for anyone who is seeking a 2-channel setup to have an audition. Yeah, they are quite expensive, but it's really worth it for what they are. I know many do not like Denon's capability as a 2-channel amp and cd players, so was I, unitil I heard this setup.

Thanks for reading.:)

Thanks for sharing this with us. I would have appreciated if prices also indicated.

hi vinod
i hve denon pma2000ivr +denon cd player +definitive technologybp7004.
The kef's are good allround speakers and match well with denon.Though denon is looked down upon as far as 2 channel is concerned, but i found that it packs a lot of punch and dosn't loose anything against NAD, ROTEL and MARANTZ.The deftechs are full range with on board subs and are good ,tight and value for money with nice, open and wide soundstage.(they are bipolar),
WELL, I was satisfied till i heard MAGNEPAN
SO........................
himadri

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back