Chennai fellowship!!....HELP reqd on TT!!

gannyboy

Hello friends..all you quickgun murugans of the fellowship ..!!:)

I am getting crazier everyday and i donno why Im drawn to turntables suddenly...
I ve been reading, looking at reviews and pictures of turntables and vinyls...anybody else going thru this?? Now i know I will be alright only when i get one installed... So please help and guide me through this..I find Profx with the denon TT s in chennai..I read about the numark entry level model, read bout Project TTs, CA TTs....and totally confused.. Also read that the old used ones are a good bargain too..if picked correctly. Hmmm... lets say if my budget is around 15 K, which ones would you suggest in chennai...considering availablity, support etc...Thanx in advance...!!

Hello doctor,

I am delighted that i am not the only one crazy out there:yahoo: I went thro' all you have stated before buying my TT.:D. Go ahead and buy a TT. You will never regret it. But the hard part is to get your hands on some good vinyls.

If you want to go for a new TT and going for Denon ,i think your pick should be
DP300F.Its quoted 21.9k on Profx.If you bargain hard you can bring down further.

Happy Hunting!

cheers,
sri

wow sri...your profile pic delights me..!! will audition the DP300 and take a call..thanks.
@ Ram-sure will do that.

Hi Gannyboy/Sri,

I am not familiar with the availability of TTs in Chennai. But, with respect to Vinyls, i picked up a few from the following places.

Mohan Music - few tamil LPs - not very impressed

Prakash Rao - In Trustpuram, Kodambakkam - he has few more ilayaraja LPs and Telugu LPs left out of his collection. Mobile - 9841591054 - try your luck.

Mr.Ravi - i think he works for Poppat Jamal - Contact number is off:044-28523532, residence :23714665. I do not have his Mobile Number - He had GOOD collection of Western Clasical and others. The records are in very good shape. He had a list as well so you could browse easily and pickup what you want. (this gentleman was referred by another hifivision member "vmscbe1974 - Srinivas through this forum )

Hope this is of some help to you.

swami

gannyboy grrrrrrrrr though you have not asked for help from bangalore i will butt in :p

between the choices you've mentioned the project is a good bet. 15k the project genie is in your range or the debut III at bout 20k. the debut comes in options like a usb output and a built in speed control etc. do look them up online on the project website. would suggest you ignore the denons. somehow the denon tt struck me more like a fill in the product gap type of product whereas project is dedicated to tts with a whole range of em. am guessing they definitely have more experience and it translates into better tables at every price point.

with the project you can put in a better cart and a speed box. the speed box is not just convenience, it stabilizes the sound. very highly recommended especially if you have bad power in your area.

i would also not suggest going with a second hand tt. pretty much of a crap shoot. you might have it work fine for a while and then go kaput. with your budget you can definitely avoid this option!

regards

EDIT: added a not to the last suggestion!

fully second Steven's view. Project debut III is the best at that price point ( Around 17K witout phono pre amp and USB). Myself is a very satisfied user for past 6 months.
Thanks.

yea. thats correct. There is none to beat the Project at this price point.
You can PM "cary audio design" and get a best quote.
he is from bangalore and a member of this forum.

Thanks so much stevie , mahi and nirrej

you guys really helped me to zero in..we have a dealer in chennai for all the products from Project though none of them are available for demo. Will certainly take a call between the genie or debut III..and steve, Blore is close to my heart too :)...thnx again!!

most welcome!

you could drop in for our bangalore meet (trying to win you over to the dark side :D) and then drop in for a project listen if you want either at my place or if abhishek of cary audio design has a debut/genie for demo.

regards

whoa just saw your sign off line below it says 'harmony one' are these viren's single driver speakers? cos i have these!

yes, the debut III is on demo. all interested are most welcome for an audition.

but please keep it no more than 5-6 at a time :)

regards,
abhishek

most welcome!

you could drop in for our bangalore meet (trying to win you over to the dark side :D) and then drop in for a project listen if you want either at my place or if abhishek of cary audio design has a debut/genie for demo.

regards

Steve...thnx a ton for the invite.. i have my doubts if i can make it..but one thing we can certainly arrange for both sides of the moon to meet someday..:) the ying yang of it ..chennai and Blore...what say?!!.. and Harmony one is the universal remote that i have.

@cary audio: have pm ed you..thnx.

Back