Choosing center speaker KEF Q250 vs Dali Oberon Vokal

Gvtpraj

Hi Guys,

My first post here. I have posted on another thread too. I’m currently living in Germany and in the process of building a home theater. I have a pair of KEF Q150s and Dali Oberon 1 speakers, DENON AVR X1600h and a BenQ Projector.

Now I’m looking for a center speaker and not sure weather to go with KEF Q250 or Dali Oberon Vokal for center.
If I get KEF center, I’ll use it with KEF Q150 in home theater and Dali Oberon 1 as stereo in another room. If I buy Dali Oberon Vokal, I’ll use it with Dali Oberon 1 in home theater.

Unfortunately I don’t have the possibility to audition where I live, so looking for help from you guys here.
I can buy both KEF Q250 and Dali Vokal for almost the same price here.

I searched for KEF q250c here but got no results. Does anyone here auditioned these speakers and how’s your experience?

Room size is 3m(W) x 4m(L) x 3m(H) and mostly use it for movies. 80% movies and 20% music.

Thank you and Regards from Germany.

I do not have any of your choices to give you an idea. However experience says, what works best is:

1 - See which ones you like best with your AVR for the fronts, the KEF's or Dali Oberon 1.
2 -Whichever works best, go for their center for perfect synergy.

I haven't personally audition Q250c, I have been using a single Q150 as my center with Q150LR. However now I've upgraded to R3 and still using Q150 as center now. In my auditions previously, I liked KEFs sound much better than Dali. See what you like better for music and movies as you have both and take the decision accordingly. Q250c has very good reviews. Go through reddit posts to get a fair idea as there's not much info on this center on this forum yet

I have the Oberon 1 and Vokal & they are quite good for the price paid. You could consider XTZ center. Pls dm Love4sound as he replaced his old Dali Zensor Vokal with xtz recently and is very happy with it.

First experiment and decide which pair you like to be used as mains. Play few tracks and do A/B tests. For Oberon 1 I guess the best match will be Oberon vocal but dali prices have sky rocketed recently.

Forget about the q250 and get the Q
Hi Guys,

My first post here. I have posted on another thread too. I’m currently living in Germany and in the process of building a home theater. I have a pair of KEF Q150s and Dali Oberon 1 speakers, DENON AVR X1600h and a BenQ Projector.

Now I’m looking for a center speaker and not sure weather to go with KEF Q250 or Dali Oberon Vokal for center.
If I get KEF center, I’ll use it with KEF Q150 in home theater and Dali Oberon 1 as stereo in another room. If I buy Dali Oberon Vokal, I’ll use it with Dali Oberon 1 in home theater.

Unfortunately I don’t have the possibility to audition where I live, so looking for help from you guys here.
I can buy both KEF Q250 and Dali Vokal for almost the same price here.

I searched for KEF q250c here but got no results. Does anyone here auditioned these speakers and how’s your experience?

Room size is 3m(W) x 4m(L) x 3m(H) and mostly use it for movies. 80% movies and 20% music.

Thank you and Regards from Germany.
Forget about the 250 and get the Q650C. It's the one to get, especially for movie performance. If you get the Q250, it'll have to be paired with a sub to get sufficient oomph/satisfaction. The lower the Centre can dig, the better and the Dali seems just too small/feeble to deliver home theatre. I'm sure it'll be great but if you want big theatre performance, go for the 650C.

Forget about the q250 and get the Q

Forget about the 250 and get the Q650C. It's the one to get, especially for movie performance. If you get the Q250, it'll have to be paired with a sub to get sufficient oomph/satisfaction. The lower the Centre can dig, the better and the Dali seems just too small/feeble to deliver home theatre. I'm sure it'll be great but if you want big theatre performance, go for the 650C.

The Q650C are indeed great center speakers. I had auditioned these at ProFX and very much liked it for movies, however since I chose Focal as my LR decided against going for the Q650C and went for a center of matching brand.

Back