Choosing speakers ??

I was going through some other posts and found out that YAMAHA AVR is a good choice if someone is more into movies.

So any idea abt YAMAHA AVR dealers here in Delhi??

-Siddarth

They are available at Gizmos, DLF city Center Mall, Gurgaon.

Thanks dancc

At last I have something good to listen to :)

Yesterday I bought Denon 1908 + Wharfedale SW150 + a pair of Quad 12L ... BAS ABB SETUP LAGAANA REH GAYA HAI :D

THANKS TO ALL FOR YOUR VALUABLE SUGGESTIONS

Last edited:
Hi guys,

I am new to this forum (any forum actually) and on going through this thread just wanted to ask if the choice of diamond 9 package is good for a room size of about 600 sq ft (21 ft x 31 ft). Room is in the basement. The shortlisted amp is Denon 2308/09 and my budget for the speakers (5.1) is about 75k...

Speakers would be used for movies and gaming (70%) and music (rock/pop/ghazals/bollywood etc.) for the remainder...

Sid

Hi guys,

I am new to this forum (any forum actually) and on going through this thread just wanted to ask if the choice of diamond 9 package is good for a room size of about 600 sq ft (21 ft x 31 ft). Room is in the basement. The shortlisted amp is Denon 2308/09 and my budget for the speakers (5.1) is about 75k...

Speakers would be used for movies and gaming (70%) and music (rock/pop/ghazals/bollywood etc.) for the remainder...

Sid

Hi sid, welcome to the forum :) ... and wow, you've got a big room for yourself ... 600 sq. ft. :eek:

Are you talking abt Diamond 9 HCS package? If yes then for your room size 9HCS won't be a sufficient package. Also I see that you've good budget kept aside for the speakers. So may be you can go for

Diamond 9.5/9.6 as fronts
9.CS/9.CM as centre
9.DFS/9.1 as rears
SW250 as sub

Also, go through some other brands like - Polk Audio, Mordaunt Short etc etc. - for similar products

Happy Hunting :)

-Siddarth

Sid, I have given you some details on speaker types and room acoustics in your other thread.

Given your requirements (forget about the room size), neither the Denon nor the Wharfedales will suit you. You should look for AVRs from Yamaha or Onkyo, and sub/sat speakers set from any company. If you need heavy base, look for speakers from JBL or Yamaha. The Wharfedales will sound shallow for your kind of requirements.

Cheers

Sid, I have given you some details on speaker types and room acoustics in your other thread.

Given your requirements (forget about the room size), neither the Denon nor the Wharfedales will suit you. You should look for AVRs from Yamaha or Onkyo, and sub/sat speakers set from any company. If you need heavy base, look for speakers from JBL or Yamaha. The Wharfedales will sound shallow for your kind of requirements.

Cheers

Thanks Venkat... For the Onkyo AVR, will I need more than the 605/606? Just wanted to get an assessment so i can audition with that particular receiver.

Siddharth

Hi sid, welcome to the forum :) ... and wow, you've got a big room for yourself ... 600 sq. ft. :eek:

Are you talking abt Diamond 9 HCS package? If yes then for your room size 9HCS won't be a sufficient package. Also I see that you've good budget kept aside for the speakers. So may be you can go for

Diamond 9.5/9.6 as fronts
9.CS/9.CM as centre
9.DFS/9.1 as rears
SW250 as sub

Also, go through some other brands like - Polk Audio, Mordaunt Short etc etc. - for similar products

Happy Hunting :)

-Siddarth

Thanks Siddharth,

I have auditioned Monitor series from Polk and am to audition RTi10... I had also auditioned B&W as well as DALI Ikon 6 but both are much beyond my budget...

If you do know any dealers in Delhi who could help with the auditions, please do let me know...

Siddharth

Thanks Venkat... For the Onkyo AVR, will I need more than the 605/606? Just wanted to get an assessment so i can audition with that particular receiver.

The 606 is an excellent receiver and is the recommended AVR in WhatHiFi. A lot of use were thinking that Denon 2309 will beat the Onkyo 606 this year, but that has not happened.

The Onkyo 606 is enough for your requirements. The only handicap that the Onkyo 606 has is that it does not upscale to 1080p. But that can be easily taken care of by upscaling DVD players.

The 605 was last year's unbeatable winner in it's class.

Cheers

Thanks Siddharth,

I have auditioned Monitor series from Polk and am to audition RTi10... I had also auditioned B&W as well as DALI Ikon 6 but both are much beyond my budget...

If you do know any dealers in Delhi who could help with the auditions, please do let me know...

Siddharth

DALI

Sight and Sound India
A unit of Concept Entertainment (India) Pvt. Ltd.
D-12/4,
Okhla Industrial Area, Phase-II,
New Delhi - 110020

Web: Sight & Sound India:

CAMBRIDGE AUDIO + MORDAUNT SHORT

Fx Entertainment - Flagship Store
40/46, C R Park
New Delhi - 110019
Telephone: +91 11 40507113 - 40507114
Fax: + 91 11 40507112
Email: [email protected] - [email protected]

Web: Fx Entertainment

CAMBRIDGE AUDIO

Rhythm Corner
E - 3, South Extension Market Part 2
New Delhi

Please contact: Mr. Puneet Mirchandani on +91 9810016701
Telephone: +91 11 26252669, 26253986

JAMO

Decibels India Private Limited
FF-39, Metropolitan MGF Mall
Gurgaon, Haryana
Ph: 0124-4017751/52/53

Please contact: Mr. Brijendra Pratap Singh on +91 9268097605

Web: Welcome to Cinebels....The JAMO Shop

WHARFEDALE + QUAD

BASS 'n' TREBLE
F-6, First floor, Manish Link Road, Plaza-1,
Plot 9, Sector-5, Dwarka, New Delhi-110075.
Ph: 011-45509308

Please contact: Mr. Denny Jose on +91 9999016124

Web: Designeraudio - Homepage

Also go through following threads ... you'll find plenty of information from these.

http://www.hifivision.com/surround-amplifiers-receivers/2301-good-av-shop-delhi.html

http://www.hifivision.com/amplifiers/1070-authorised-dealers-delhi-ncr.html

http://www.hifivision.com/authorised-dealers/2061-dealers-delhi.html

-Siddarth

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back