Choosing your amp denon 1912 vs denon 2311

sharma0

Hi All,

I thank you a lot for helping me out with my projects. Just had another question. How should I choose my amp. I have a room size of 25 x 15 in the basement dedicated for a home theatre but what is the formula for choosing an amp. Most demo rooms here in delhi are smaller than that and thats why i cant just go and audition the difference.

I am being proposed a denon 2311 by one vendor with polk rti a7s and being proposed a denon 1912 with dalis by another vendor. To my mind they are proposing different amps just to match my total budget. Would really appreciate your help.

Thanks.

Budget is liberal and not an issue. I have to put what is required according to the room size and the speakers. However, I dont know which one of the two I SHOULD choose

From what ive read, the 2311 is not Network capable.. Which means no Internet Radio, no Airplay, and i guess no DLNA.. Im using the 1912 and its a nice robust device. If u buy an AVR today, i would suggest u go for the newer 1912 rather than the 2311.

The 2311 is a higher end 1911 (more power, same features). The 1912 and 2312 are later models and have more features.

If network capability, etc. (and features mentioned by vj_pawan) are important to you go with 1912 else 2311 will be better suited for the room of your size.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back