Chord 2Qute DAC

panditji

Just received my 2Qute DAC today and set it up as soon as I got it...First impressions after an hour of listening:

Simply superb with excellent detail retrieval...I had a Meridian Director before so obviously the jump in SQ is great...Apart from the details, I was very impressed with the bass quality as my system now sounds completely different...The bass is tight and surprisingly there is no boom in my room as other Delhi members would have noticed before the 2Qute...Mind you I have only played regular Flacs so far..

Will try some DSD albums in the evening along with 192/24 bit albums and compare with the regular CD quality flacs...

I am sure it beats the NAD M51 which was the reference DAC for me as it beat my Meridian Director hollow when we did a DAC shootout at my place in February...

Superb product and good VFM IMHO...

Congrats Panditji. Its quite a new model. I think it was released in February this year. Awaiting your detailed impression. One thing surprises me a bit. I have observed you tend to prefer an amp dac combo e.g. Devialet, Hegel etc. for a clutter less setup, right? just wondering what changed your mind.

The 2Qute was released in April and I got mine in the second batch of production...I prefer a simple setup and therefore I have an integrated amplifier (entry level but good enough), a decent pair of speakers and finally a DAC which has just 2 inputs - USB and Coaxial to connect my laptop and CDP..

I did hear the Devialet and liked it very much but too expensive for me..Similarly the Hegel amp/DAC I heard and liked it but again a little expensive...I never bought these brands but liked their sound and the thought of integrating the DAC with the amp but it still has to be VFM at the end of the day...

The 2Qute is only a DAC and therefore I have paid money for a product which only does what I need and I did not pay for other unnecessary functions like headphone amp or a pre amp built in...

Last edited:
Heard a number of DSD albums and the 2Qute is bringing out the recordings as it is...Albums like Nat King Cole - The Extraordinary Nat King Cole astonished me with the details and superb clarity and some others like Dean Martin's This Time I'm Swinging was very average...I have realised that while some albums sound superb in DSD/Hirez , others where there is no improvement are still sold as remastered in these new formats whereby the consumer is being fooled...Pink Floyd's Division Bell as well as other albums also sound superb....

Like the cliche, it is making me hear things in recording which I didn't know existed...
Also my excitement is greater since my earlier DAC was mediocre but then again the 2Qute is almost 3 times the price..But totally worth it...

Again as an owner I will be biased and therefore will ask other Delhi members to come and give their views especially the ones who are already using very good DACs...

But I am extremely pleased with the 2Qute and I think my DAC search is over....Maybe upgrade the speakers to the newer Harbeths and it's the end of the journey for me...

Wow. Simply fantastic!! Cant resist myself to drop by at your place to audition.

I would be interested to compare it with my reference DAC (not as reference series DAC but just something as a benchmark). Really excited. Congrats all three of you!!!!!!!!

I did hear the Devialet and liked it very much but too expensive for me..Similarly the Hegel amp/DAC I heard and liked it but again a little expensive...I never bought these brands but liked their sound and the thought of integrating the DAC with the amp but it still has to be VFM at the end of the day...

Very true. We indeed pay almost twice the price for any of these products here in India.

so the C7 is not for sale anymore :D

congratulations ! and njoi your music.

Hope to meet you for some music next time i am that side of our lovely country.

regards

The UK price is 995 GBP...add the bank transfer fees and the GBP bank rate and request a friend to get it for you and it will cost you just about 1.05 lakhs...No point of even checking the Indian dealer prices as it will be atleast 60-70% over the UK prices..

@Mahesh, the C7s are sounding beautiful now but still if others are interested in a group buy, maybe the Harbeth SHL5+ ??? But there is no urgency on that front now....right now the system is making music so I am happy..

Great buy, Panditiji, especially at the price you picked it up. Nice to know most members on this forum are approaching audio nirvana. This may not be great news for Hifi equipment manufacturers:)

Thanks Prem, it is the price to performance ratio which makes it a great product...Like I said, people have to hear it to believe it....Not saying it is the best DAC but it is the best at the price point...Again not sure how the Indian dealer prices it but my advice to them would be to keep it at UK pricing and they will make tons of money...

He he he...when the funds are limited, you generally reach the end of the line very soon..
On a serious note, the DAC has brought a huge improvement to my system and that is why my excitement levels are higher...
Somebody who already had a top of the line DAC would not be that excited so it's all relative...

Congrats buddy! Your excitement is well deserved and understandable. And that is why I also know that this will not be end of line. Sure, you will stick with it much longer than the previous candidate!

I will drop by soon for the audition.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back