Claritycap capacitors dealers in India

rumsoakedboy

Hello,
Does anyone know a dealer or stockist for Claritycap ESA capacitors in India? And also Mills Resistors? Any information would be really helpful.
Thanks for reading my post,
Cheers

Never heard of one. Simplest method is to buy it off the Net. It will get delivered but there will be a duty component. Many times its cheaper to get rare parts on the Net than from a distributor whose mark up is higher AND has a customs duty component too. All items must come via courier or registered/trackable post. Unregistered regular mail will disappear in most places in India !

clarity cap is used in hi end speakers like spendor , harbeth and similar stuff. but depending on how revealing your drivers are it may sound better or worse compared to dayton.at companies they have luxury of hand picking matched ones. If we buy as a pair , I will prefer cheaper brands where I can match them. Matching is more important for music listening experience than just brand.

I had brought ClarityCaps from this guy - http://diyaudio.vn/

Nice guy to deal with and its from Vietnam so you can ask for Vietnam/HK/Singapore post which would be reasonable and usually escapes customs because of the value and small size. By the way he is the official distributor of ClarityCaps and some other items as well. Do check with him if he has Mills resistors, but I had brought the Takman and some other brands from him.

As far as caps go you are getting into a really gray area ! There is NO guarantee that a particular cap that works very well ( meaning ...sounds better to one pair of ears!) will sound just as great in your application. Several years ago some of us bought several brands and values of exotic capacitors to compare them. Some did sound better than others to our ears. But what was good in one system didn't necessarily sound good in another system. I have not seen anyone explain this ever ! It also turned out that some very cheap capacitors sounded as good as things that cost 50 times as much ( or more !). So buy what you "think" is supposed to be good and hope it works out well . Before that try out all the easier ones you can get and see if it gets to where you want. Note that some of the very well regarded systems use fairly standard capacitors ! The systems that sound good and use exotic capacitors also cost as much...naturally ! There is tons of stuff written on the Net by actual users. Research it well before plonking good money on expensive capacitors. If they aren't too expensive they are certainly worth experimenting with !

I had brought ClarityCaps from this guy - http://diyaudio.vn/

Nice guy to deal with and its from Vietnam so you can ask for Vietnam/HK/Singapore post which would be reasonable and usually escapes customs because of the value and small size. By the way he is the official distributor of ClarityCaps and some other items as well. Do check with him if he has Mills resistors, but I had brought the Takman and some other brands from him.
Thanks for the only relevant answer to the OP's question! :D

Caps is a really a grey area. In my experience, same brand bought out of a lot even sounded different. But for companies the luxury is they can handmatch and return the left overs back to the vendor. But sound wise what I noticed as a difference is the smoothness and speed. To my ears, Clarity cap. Audyn are fast while audyn's cheaper models are aggressive meaning more digital grainy sounding. Jantzens cross cap are very good for the money, its analogue like smooth, but lacks speed.

"Thanks for the only relevant answer to the OP's question! :D " everything becomes if OP gets more choices in case he is not getting the clarity caps ;)
I had tested the same value caps on a Vifa H26TG35 and some scanspeaks and I thought of sharing my experience in case of non clarity cap consideration. Yeah, agree that its not fine to flood not-related- information.

Again buying overseas? Get a larger lot, and I guess they are not going to be cheap. I really dont know how many times I bought as pairs for experimenting and how many times I got a perfect match. If its for speakers crossover, DEFINITELY unmatched pair is going to have different sounding L/R.

Why close it down ? It triggered a lot of reports on experiences of others with ' capacitors ' . All information about capacitors should be useful. No one can fund a complete capacitor search, it's very expensive AND very time consuming. You asked a question and got only one possible direct answer. But a whole lot of view points and experiences related to capacitors came about because you asked a question. That worth a LOT ! Why close this and start another thread ? It shouldn't matter at all ! If people loose interest the thread will die on its own !

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back