Class a amp

amallalone

Want to do class a amp for elac debut 2.0..need help from seniors..N. B -almost 0 Knowledge AT ELECTRONICS

Last edited:
If you are new don't go for a DIY way assembling all the components on PCB by yourself, changes of wrong placement and dry solder are higher. Get yourself a pre assembled kit. Secondly I will not recommend Class A Amp for a beginner. I will recommend you to go for a low power class AB or Chip based amp first.

Do you mean pure Class A or Class A/B amplifiers?
Class a

If you are new don't go for a DIY way assembling all the components on PCB by yourself, changes of wrong placement and dry solder are higher. Get yourself a pre assembled kit. Secondly I will not recommend Class A Amp for a beginner. I will recommend you to go for a low power class AB or Chip based amp first.
Yes.. I would like to go pre assembled way.. But any idea where I can get pre-assembled class a kits

Class A is very challenging from mechanical point of view. Large heat sink for dissipating the heat automatically makes the cabinet large, huge capacitor bank raises cost of parts substantially, etc. I would go with a great class AB like PeeCeeBee v4H. I think the group buy is still on at diyaudio. Since the designer is in India (Kolkata) one can pay in INR. Also both the two boards for left and right channels can be had preassembled and tested by the designer himself. Ditto the power supply board (cum speaker protection circuit) which can be had preassembled and tested (for extra cost).

Class A is very challenging from mechanical point of view. Large heat sink for dissipating the heat automatically makes the cabinet large, huge capacitor bank raises cost of parts substantially, etc..
True. The challenge with class A is not the soldering. It is the chassis and wiring, and to some extent the biasing process if one isn't familiar with it.

I will suggest that you try out a simple Class-D module like a TPA3118 to get the basic knowledge and experience first. Class-A amplifiers sound very pure, but are hot and heavy 'beasts', not easy to tame.

Hi,

I have some PCB's to spare of stereo Class AB amplifier. power output is 70+70 W into 8 ohms and 120 + 120W into 4 ohms, SNR > 109dB, THD < 0.01% at rated power. it has power supply and protection circuit inbuilt. no wiring hassles so, would be easy for you to have a working amp as you would need only power transformer, enclosure and in out connectors in addition.

Regards,
Aniket

Hi,

I have some PCB's to spare of stereo Class AB amplifier. power output is 70+70 W into 8 ohms and 120 + 120W into 4 ohms, SNR > 109dB, THD < 0.01% at rated power. it has power supply and protection circuit inbuilt. no wiring hassles so, would be easy for you to have a working amp as you would need only power transformer, enclosure and in out connectors in addition.

Regards,
Aniket

Are these populated boards... what is the power supply needed?

Great!

Would like to build one stereo amp for my bookshelf spkrs...
Can you pl let me know the cost of the kit.

Regards

If class A is still in your mind, I have the Beta 22 A audiophile class A amp PCB with power supply board. PM me for further details

Hi,

Regards,
Aniket
Still this kit is available...?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back