Clearing the fog about streamers?

why not the cheap arylic s1 or their amp with streamer a30 / 50 though have limitations they are worth the money if you are not looking at high bitrate. ive own a bs node 2i, cxn v1 and now this arylic. for 80 dollars ( arylic s1) they are worth it for casual listening i use them in my dining area setup.

Last edited:
why not the cheap aurylic s1 or their amp with streamer a30 / 50 though have limitations they are worth the money if you are not looking at high bitrate. ive own a bs node 2i, cxn v1 and now this aurylic. for 80 dollars ( aurylic s1) they are worth it for casual listening i use them in my dining area setup.
Guess you meant Arylic..

dCS prices seem to be in USD...
I am so sorry I missed it multiple times. The prices I was quoted a few months ago are below in INR and include taxes.

Bartok ~ 9.5L
Network Bridge ~ 4.5L

Anyone aware of end sale price/mrp of Auralic Aries G2.1 and Aurender N10?

I find it really hard to evaluate DACs, modern DACs seem to sound pretty good. The most expensive I've heard is a Mytek Brooklyn and for the short time I had it, it didn't exactly blow the cheap Korg DAC out the water I had at that time. My current Allo revolution does most things right, I find it hard to find anything to complain except the thumps on start up and the ocassional static when switching from one track to another.

I have said this before, I am a bit of a DAC skeptic beyond a certain outlay. Folks who haven't tried a streamer should try it, instead of spending all the outlay on a DAC. In hindsight, something like the Boss2 and a good power supply is all I need.
I am boss2 user and I fullly concur. Boss2 is a tremendous value and very stable too. The dac + streamer approach putting out 2vrms voltage to connect directly to Power amps is a great boon too. The audioecience views it favorably for its dac performance but what I really appreciate the stability of streaming. Volumio/qobuz have issues but that's a sw layer issue... Nothing to do with boss2 per se. It looks pretty good and no more worries about clean and dirty power. Although I got a nirvana LPS to go with it, i could not find much difference between that and the wall wart.

You definitely want to add Mytek Brooklyn to your list. Primarily cause it scores a near 10/10 in all the categories you have mentioned. The new one has roon Integration, which seems to be the way everyone is headed in the digital audio world. Its an excellent dac and streamer. I have heard the old one in a headphone setup. Availability in India is a question mark and thats the case with most of these niche dac brands.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back