Closed headphone under 5-6K for use inside office

balladeer

This is my first post. So, hello everybody!

I believe I have a modest taste in music and can discern at least some of subtleties. But I do not count myself as an audiophile. I do not have much knowledge about audio equipment.

Scenario:

• Will be using with FIIO E10K (sometimes with O2/ODAC at home).
  • Can't afford sound leakage. To be used in office.
  • Need comfort as I use them for hours (I am used to the comfort of HD 201 - yes the best value for money headphone on the planet perfectly cupped my ears :))
  • I have Grado SR60e (My main cans as of now; bought after losing my 80e; slightly crushes the ear bones after prolonged usage), Senn. HD-201 (current office cans), Creative WP-350 (crushes the ears), RHA MA450i (love it; for commute), Xiaomi Piston-2 (grand v.f.m. - rough usage only), Creative EP-630, and a 4K SteelSeries gaming headphone that I hate. So I am looking for something that offers something different.
  • As stated above I may fail to tell you what is mid-treble, or what is a sweet sound, but I think am good at discerning the subtleties of music itself. So I would prefer to go for a headphone that just gives me the sound the artist intended that piece to be. (Please let me know if my budget is too little for such demands :D; however I would really appreciate if you could rather recommend something in my range)

My tastes (so that you can suggest an appropriate headphone):

• No offence to anyone but I just can't stand metal! Put this as the first point so that it will be clear. Don't prefer punk either.
  • Love Indian/Pakistani music a lot. (e.g., NFAK, Rafi, Lata, Mehdi Hassan, Farida Khanum, Reshma, Noor Jehan, Saigal). That's my first love. I grew up on these. Introduced to western music later on and it comes secondary, if asked.
  • Classic rock, mainstream prog and alt rock (e.g. Beatles, Pink Floyd, Porcupine Tree), blues, jazz, ballad, reggae, some country, OST (e.g. Max Richter, Philip Glass, Yann Tiersen), classical (symphonies mostly; some concerto and sonata; Tchaikovsky is a favourite).
  • Non-fast faced western, and in general non-too-loud music are my favourite. Also lyrics are very important, if they are present.

Sort list:

• Not really.
  • A friend, a year or two ago, had suggested ATH-T500 but it seems to be out of stock/production. Was that a good one and on the same lines as per need?

tl;dr: Please recommend 5-6K or less headphones based on the above. + Please quickly scan the bold text above.

See you around and :signthankspin:.

This better be answered by experts, you yourself being an avid listener. :), 100 USD gives lots of good choices but the one that fits all your requirements is a question better addressed by experts.

I am no expert, but I am a fellow office music listener
I have two headphones on office duty (I alternate between the two)

* Klipsch Imagine One v2
I got them for $100 via amazon - a friend carried them for me

* Ultimate Ears UE6000 by Logitech
Got them for Rs 4999 from Reliance Digital

Both are super comfortable and make for very pleasurable listening.
I drive them with the Fiio X3
Between the two, I'd recommend the UE6000 anyday.

There is a very similar thread being run at http://www.hifivision.com/headphones/54912-headphones-under-100-a.html

This better be answered by experts, you yourself being an avid listener.

Please recommend some.

Yes I guess I am an avid listener, but my knowledge about gear is limited. I am willing to learn and hope to be better informed in a year or two :)

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back